Pigeon-Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just a message to ask for your prayers for my Poppy dog. She has heart disease and is at a cardiologist at the moment as she's been coughing for the last 11 days. She's being sedated and having an ECG, ultrasound and X-Rays. As a steroidal anti-inflammatory drug literally stopped all her symptoms over the weekend I am praying he finds its just Bronchitis and that her condition hasn't deteriorated to heart failure.

She's on homeopathic and herbal remedies for her heart and has lost weight, being away from her at uni is hard enough already.

All your prayers will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Charlotte

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sending healing prayers and thoughts your way Charlotte. I hope Poppy will be home with you soon.

Louise

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Sending her virtual (( huggles)) ! I hope the outcme of her tests is good.

Cynthia

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Poppy has a grossly enlarged heart and has been diagnosed with heart failure. She has been put onto four different drugs, almost definitely for the rest of her life. I am calling her homeopathic vet tomorrow. I will be continuing to pray for a miracle and her healing.

Who know what the future holds.

Poppy is currently snuggled up next to me sleeping off the anaesthetic. Thank you for your prayers and love.

Much love
Charlotte
XxX

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Hi Charlotte,

I'm sorry to hear about Poppy and her condition.

It must be very worrying for you and I too am sending you warm thoughts and prayers for Poppy.

Janet x

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Sending thoughts and prayers to you and Poppy.

God bless you for your wonderful care and concern over this precious dog.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm so sorry you and Poppy are having such a tough time, Charlotte. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Charlotte, So sorry to hear about poppy. My dog is the love of my life, so I know what you are going through must be really hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you and poppy. I hope he makes it home for the holidays. min

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about Poppy and am sending

loving healing thoughts with hugs and scritches...

Please keep us updated...

More Love and Hugs

Shi

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Poppy. Poppy will be in our thoughts and prayers as well.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Poppy. I'm glad he is back home with you. I'm sure he knows how loved he is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh Charlotte I do hope Poppy improves on her meds, we have a Staffy cross with a heart murmour and she uses a herbal tincture which has really helped support her and shes 11, so my thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone for your support, Poppy has quite alot of people praying for her.
We've spoken to her hoistic vet and she's still on all her homeopathic and herbal remedies as well as a raw heart a week, improved diet and extra nutrition(Pet plus). The thing thats torn me apart the most is that initially a year ago she was given 5 years, which I hated as Ive just started a 5 year course. The vet on wednesday then reduced it to 1-2 years which has really hit me. I talked to the animal communicator Amelia Kinkade about Poppy earlier this year as, as Mindy says, Poppy is my soul mate and I cant imagine not being with her. She said firstly, vets arnt always right and cant say how long your pet will live(and that, and I firmly believe, miracles do happen) and secondly that whatever happens we'll always be together.
Poppy has stopped coughing but her breathing is not yet 100%. The vet said she would return to normal but I dont think she has yet. I miss our long walks so much.

Her holistic vet is amazing, he was very positive and said we're doing everything we can for her.

Please continue to pray for her healing. I really appreciate it so so much.
Thank you

Charlotte
XxX

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
The love you feel for her, and show her is everything. It so much helps their healing. I can relate to your Poppy being your soul mate. She knows how loved she is. Sending prayers to her as I type this.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, Amelia Kinkade used Soul Mate to relate to two souls who tend to stick together. I would recommend her books to everyone who's open minded enough to read them.

Will keep you updated on Poppy, am hoping her condition will continue to improve. We've got alot of snow at the moment which she's not keen on but hopefully next week she'll be ready to go for a proper walk again.

Heres to the future

XxX

·
Registered
441 Posts
I hope and pray for a healing miracle for Poppy so you may still have many, many more years together! Hugs to you both!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Charlotte.............Miracles do happen. Years ago I rescued a little toy poodle from a high kill rate shelter. The little dog was 12 years old and very sick. The vet thought I was crazy. He told me the dog would be lucky to live 1 year due to all his medical problems. Well that little dog "Teddy" he lived to age 21years.

With the proper care, lots of love and faith miracles do happen.

I will continue to pray for Poppy's healing.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Charlotte.............Miracles do happen. Years ago I rescued a little toy poodle from a high kill rate shelter. The little dog was 12 years old and very sick. The vet thought I was crazy. He told me the dog would be lucky to live 1 year due to all his medical problems. Well that little dog "Teddy" he lived to age 21years.

With the proper care, lots of love and faith miracles do happen.

I will continue to pray for Poppy's healing.
Louise that is amazing! Thanks for sharing it. Just goes to show what love can do. That was really caring of you to give that little dog a chance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is amazing! I feel really stupid, but before Poppy had any health problems and because she's a cross breed/mongrel I always said she'd have a long life, I'd even got 20 years into my head. I really wanted to take her to langford in my last two years at vet school and live back at home with her after that.

Poppy has improved further and is much brighter, but the drugs she is on would cause this anyway. Im glad she's on homeopathy and herbs as well as I think they should help her too.

I'm going tokeep praying. She has inspired me to become a holistic (and of course avian) vet. She has a fantastic holistic vet, Nick Thompson who is very positive about her and we are just going to see what happens. I'm working at my local vets again so will be getting the train home for weekends hopefully more.

Thank you again for your prayers.
xXx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.