Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one (impulse buy from a pigeon show) pouter that is about 2-3 years old and this is probably the the third time today that she's been trying to chat up one of my fantails (the fantail called Homer...hehehe)
anyway, i think that she is lonely, she tried to foster Pooper's eggs a few days ago... so i put a few dummy eggs into a nestbox and now she's sitting on them and biting anything or anyone who tries to steal them.
Should I buy her a mate?

·
Registered
875 Posts
hi,how is the pouter?(after her incident at the hands of your neighbours bratty kids)pouters are such sweet freindly birds,,she may benefit from having a mate

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I have one (impulse buy from a pigeon show) pouter that is about 2-3 years old and this is probably the the third time today that she's been trying to chat up one of my fantails (the fantail called Homer...hehehe)
anyway, i think that she is lonely, she tried to foster Pooper's eggs a few days ago... so i put a few dummy eggs into a nestbox and now she's sitting on them and biting anything or anyone who tries to steal them.
Should I buy her a mate?
yes you should buy her a mate, but still use the dummy eggs, unless you want baby pouters...:) ,but you can have any breed or mix breed for her mate, just as long as it is a male, alot out there for adoption and looking for love.;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trying to find a mate

i am trying to find a mate from somewhere close to my district. today she sat on the dummy eggs for nearly five hourse before i had to push her off so that she could have a little bit of food and water. I also had to shove Milo away for a bit so she didn't get biffed by his wings (see Friendly Feral?! for details).
she seems okay right now, but her poops REALLY STINK and are REALLY HUGE! :eek:
anyway, i had a talk with the neighbors, and they agreed to not let their kids mangle my birds. the downside is that they bought a pair of meat pigeons from a local market and now the kids are trying to "tame" them. :mad:
*sigh* when will they ever learn?
i saw a nice red pouter yesterday that Powderpuff (the pouter) would like but it turns out that "it" was female... :rolleyes:
so i am surfing the 'net for an internet bargain...

·
Registered
875 Posts
try your local fancy pigeon club,,you may get lucky there or someone may be able to point you in the right direction,how long do ya think it will be before the kids get bored with the meat pigeons???some folk are so silly

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
i am trying to find a mate from somewhere close to my district. today she sat on the dummy eggs for nearly five hourse before i had to push her off so that she could have a little bit of food and water. I also had to shove Milo away for a bit so she didn't get biffed by his wings (see Friendly Feral?! for details).
she seems okay right now, but her poops REALLY STINK and are REALLY HUGE! :eek:
anyway, i had a talk with the neighbors, and they agreed to not let their kids mangle my birds. the downside is that they bought a pair of meat pigeons from a local market and now the kids are trying to "tame" them. :mad:
*sigh* when will they ever learn?
i saw a nice red pouter yesterday that Powderpuff (the pouter) would like but it turns out that "it" was female... :rolleyes:
so i am surfing the 'net for an internet bargain...
two hens can make a pair, they make good companions for each other, I have thee hen doves that stay together and they are all very happy that way and peaceful, no male bird to drive them to the nest and roo coo constanly. just a thought....:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went to the market again today (once in a while they have some second-class show birds, but most of the time its just meat pigeons). And i didn't find another pouters (there was a one capuchine there, but he was a little ugly and had a bad posture) but i saw the HUGEST, FATTEST, MOST ADORABLE meat pigeon... so I had to take him home.
here is a photo:
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/Snowy_pied_chic/MEATPIJ_2.jpg[IMG]
i know he's not perfect but i knowi saved him from a possibly horrible fate (most families around this area will buy them in dozens to cook... how could anybody eat a pigeon?)
Anyhow, i'm still searching for a mate (someone bought the other pouter i saw earlier :( i guess i'll go looking for more pet shops tomorrow...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.