Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well thought ud enjoy some pics of my birds and help me out identifying some of there colors and best matches. Also, do they have a scientific name for these pigeons. ive heard cuban theif pouters, spanish pouters, i know in spanish they call them buchonas. anyhow, on to the pics.

they are in mated order. i think the pic size might be big

A1)hen
A2)cock
A3)hen
A4)cock

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks buddy. Any idea on any of there colors. Have been into this for years but never interested enough to learn about color. Now they have my undivided attention. Lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. They are really bad pics. I'll try and pit better ones up. These pics are blurry and the birds were affraid for there life in the makeshift photo booth I made.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I could probably help but to make it easier can you label each pic that you need help with a label such as "bird a" "bird b" etc. I am sure if you do this and also PM almondman or John D to move this into the pigeon and dove genetics area then more people will help out and it may even strike off some discussion which is always informative.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol A2 cocks dad was mated to A1 hen and they made D2 cock(the ash red bar). So as sick as it sounds lets see what the son gets from her lol.

Im not mean... Her original mate was a friends bird and we went our seperate ways so I thought who better to mate her with then her ex-mans son ;).

Hes my favorite bird he is the only one attached to me so he means a lot to me. And she was my first pigeon. Lets see what kinda babies they make.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Surprised there has not been more response. I am not sure of all of them and it would be good to know what genes are common in thief pouters of which I have no firsthand experience. I am assuming you are calling almond the birds like B1? It may be but I am not sure if it is not just grizzle etc. causing that look. A3 I am not sure if it is ash-red or brown t-pattern...hard to tell fromthe photos. My guess on these...
A1- Dark blue chck (or t-pattern)
A2 Blue barred pied
A3 Ash-red (or brown, hard to tell from photo) t-pattern
A4 blue bar pied
B1 ??? pied almond (don't think so) or ??????
B2 Blue grizzle, white flights
B3 Brown (?) barred
B4 Blue barred
C1 not sure on this one....obviously grizzled
C2 Blue-barred
C3 These guys I am not sure of, grizzled on what, brown?? I think someone else that has this color should recognize and get this right away.
C4 Blue + spread (= black) grizzle.

Where is Evan or Luke or Becky....... : )

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol thanks for ur help again... lol u like those names? My wife names all the birds based off movies. Funny thing is I go along with it and memmorized all the names. Its easier for breeding purpose.

These arent even all the birds I have more but these colors are the tricky ones.

The "almond" one is a regular blue bar lol. Ive seen it all. I bought hin cuz of his color and he is completely died from head to toe. Someone went thru a awful lot of trouble for 60 bucks.lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.