Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9 year old rescue, and she never really moves. She will move to go eat & drink, and she flies up to her perch at night, but she mostly stays in one place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 9 year old rescue, and she never really moves. She will move to go eat & drink, and she flies up to her perch at night, but she mostly stays in one place.
Hello! I know I answer months later after you post, but maybe it could help some else, and therefore, another innocent soul.
I had this case of a poor pigeon who had a bullet in her wing. I took care of her. Toile off the bullet and gave her fresh water every day and seeds. However she was like your bird: only moving to go and eat. So I decided, instead of watching her clout and die of inaction, everyday, like at least 5 times a day, for five or ten minutes, I organised a sportive path and with a towel or a baton i would make her move: she walked at the beginning, and then starting to fly little by little and some day she escaped high. I thought she was gone, but in fact, she was hiding on some tubes upstairs. And then I kept on making her move and one day I seen her on the wall and two days after on the roof of the neighbor. I was so happy.
‘I think she perches on the other neighbor ne roof now, at night to sleep. She is so cute. I took me two months to help her. But it was worth it. I am sure she would be dead if I didn’t help her.
you need to be dedicated, as at the beginning it s worry some and she is scared and doesn’t understand that you help her. But at the end, I guess she knew. The poor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts