1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow that's like a water slide for pigeons!!! I'm curious hows it working for you?

Walter <><

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey who knows you may be on to something. Pigeon Recreation.

Walter <><

·
Registered
896 Posts
Cool trap. :)

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Very interesting but would not you have to get them used to the other kinds of traps to use in order to race them and have them go through the traps..not knowledgeable I am just asking a question..great idea I think...c.hert

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Cool :) But what prevents them from going out?...
I like it!

It is like a drop trap, they can find their way in, but not get out. There is no way they can coordinate it. They can however, get out of a bob trap, I've seen it.

It reminds me of a habit trail for pigeons, instead of hamsters. :p

I hope you have a cover for it, as it is an invitation to all other critters too, ones that can harm your birds. Also, the cage material is not a good landing place for them, they need a solid platform. Also, ANY opening between your birds and the outdoors should not be larger then 1/4 inch, you will be surprised what you don't want can come inside.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If the neighbourhood cat discovers that hole ???
Hole, opening , entrance, exit, doorway, trap. I was just making note that with his trap he would also need a separate exit for his birds. He just sounds like a guy with an inventive mind, the kind of guy who might possibility invent a better mouse trap.:)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Interesting, but flawed I think. Predators can get in unless you have some way to cap it (which would be easy I think). Biggest problem I see with it, is that if you use an electronic clocking system for racers, it is a requirement that the receiver pad (antennae) is placed inside the loft and not outside, in front of the entrance hole.

That would be a problem, unless you would be clocking by counter mark. Then that is another problem with your system. You would have to have a cage at the bottom to trap the bird so that you could remove its counter mark.

Or chase it around the loft after it comes back from a race.

But I like the initial concept and maybe there is a way to make it work that I do not invision yet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts