Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a female pigeon layed one egg on my patio and it hatched. it was only a female pigeon no male around. i watched the pigeon grow for the past month or so seemed fine and healthy and today i walked out on the patio to find the month old pigeon laying on its back. it was still breathing but seemed like it was hard for it to breath it i tried to push it over with a broom but i seemed like it could not move about 3 minutes later it stopped breathing and died but after a brown fluid started to come from its mouth what could have happend?
also not sure if this matters but the female pigeon layed 3 more eggs in the past week

·
Registered
822 Posts
I can't help with the baby ... but are you sure that the same female laid all 3 new eggs and that that female was the dead baby's mother? Pigeons will lay again when their young are close to weaning age ... but laying only 1 month later seems pretty tight ... and 3 eggs at once is not the norm.

Are the new eggs being sat on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty sure its the same female the baby pigeon was always around her even with the 3 new eggs but i remember that she layed 2 eggs then about 3 days later another one popped up in the nest but its a possibility that its not the same female i did notice about 2 weeks ago another adult pigeon hanging around close to the nest for a couple of days

1 - 3 of 3 Posts