Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a lot of pigeons at work. There are several that sport white patches on their heads, bodies, and/or wings but most are "just pigeons". Except the one I spotted the other day.

I know he is an escapee from someone's coop because he is definitely different! What I want to know is what breed is he?

The bird is a bit smaller in size than the gray city pigeons he is currently hanging out with. Body is all black, head and neck are a gorgeous burnished coppery chocolate brown. Seems to have a slight pointy crest at the back of his head.

So what is he? I live in Cali, if that is any help, but I know he is definitely not a native wild pigeon!:)

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
We would need a picture to tell you for sure.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
The bird is a bit smaller in size than the gray city pigeons he is currently hanging out with. Body is all black, head and neck are a gorgeous burnished coppery chocolate brown. Seems to have a slight pointy crest at the back of his head.

So what is he? I live in Cali, if that is any help, but I know he is definitely not a native wild pigeon!:)
Hi Menageriemom,Sounds like your bird is a ARCHANGEL.A picture would help GEORGE;)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Do you have binoculars? Maybe you can read the band on his leg?

Also, net guns work real good.
Wouldn't a picture be better?:confused:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I suppose net guns are those that shoot nets catching birds?

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
I suppose net guns are those that shoot nets catching birds?
Yes, and unless you are independently wealthy and can afford one (about $3,500 just for the "gun" plus the cost of the net and cartridges) then ya gotta get permission from the local law enforcement to discharge this thing .. http://www.wildrescue.org/PDFs/NetGun.pdf

I've seen one used in an attempt to get two Egyptian Geese that were tethered together by fishing line .. didn't work .. was hugely expensive to the homeowner's association that hired the guy with the net gun and the birds still weren't caught and helped.

I would think that net guns are overkill for catching pigeons unless you're after hundreds of them at one time.

Terry

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
You guys.....humor.....take a sip....you might like it.
Some of your cracks ARE humorous. I'll give you that. Some of them are funny. But not everyone is always in the mood for a joke when they come in to ask a serious question, and you seem to usually address things with your humor, which sometimes borders on sarcasm. Why don't you try being helpful instead. Take a sip of THAT. YOU might like it!:D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jay3- and I thought the people in this forum were so nice.:mad: Everyone needs to laugh evey once in a while! I bet you didn't know that laughing is essenial to good health! And to goss1, your jokes always brighten up my day.:D

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Jay3- and I thought the people in this forum were so nice.:mad: Everyone needs to laugh evey once in a while! I bet you didn't know that laughing is essenial to good health! And to goss1, your jokes always brighten up my day.:D
My Comment was directed toward:

You guys.........humor......take a sip......you might like it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which was a sarcastic way of saying that he was only joking, and that nobody had a sense of humor. I suppose you found that funny too. :confused:

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Guys, chill please. And I have some advice. Emoticons. They can really help set the mood of posts and make it easier to tell if you're serious or kidding. Honeslty a lot of times it's hard to tell without some kind of indication. One of the downfalls to posting on forums - lots of misunderstandings :(

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That's a great idea. Emoticons would make things a lot clearer. And yes, it is hard to tell the tone of something typed. You're right. Good idea. But they can only be used if you quote the other person. Otherwise, they aren't there to click on.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Hmmm...they're there for me? :confused: But then again, I have them all memorized, so I don't really need them to click on :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
Some of your cracks ARE humorous. I'll give you that. Some of them are funny. But not everyone is always in the mood for a joke when they come in to ask a serious question, and you seem to usually address things with your humor, which sometimes borders on sarcasm. Why don't you try being helpful instead. Take a sip of THAT. YOU might like it!:D
Jay3- Please don't take that as an offence. I didn't mean it toward you, but torward your comet. I'm just saying that sounded a little mean and you could have worded that nicer. goss1 is just trying to brighten people up a bit. Hope your not mad at me.:eek: And Jay3... if when your posting... you click the "go advanced" icon at the bottom of the page you'll get the face thingies.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts