Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, riddle me this....if the above almond baldhead hen, was crossed on the cock pictured below....what possibles will they have? I have two babies out of them right now, but still to early to tell how they will look .:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:Dcome on now.....I know there are some folks in here who can give me an idea as to what to look forward to as far as color from these two birds....let's hear it!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Easy problem. Almond is sex-linked. Any non-almond cock to an almond hen will produce ALL almond cocks and ALL non-almond hens. Now, you have something else going on as well. You have added ash-red from the cock into the mix. He's obviously heterozgyous for wild-type as well (see the blue/black feathers as well). So some of your almond cock youngsters will be wild-type almond (blue/black), some will be heterozygous ash-red almond; you will also breed some ash-red non-almond hens, and also wild-type (blue/black) non-almond hens.

Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.