Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am in need of a four-bird box to ship two pairs of pigeons to one of the members of this forum. He is a young guy starting out in the hobby, and I am trying to minimize the cost to get the birds to him. I'm not in too much of a hurry, as we want to wait until the weather cools some before shipping (probably mid to late September). We can arrange to return the box afterward if you so desire.

If anyone can help us out, please contact me on this forum.

Regards,
Peter

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I would have to check tomorrow, but I am sure I have one that you could have. I have a bunch of boxes that I received birds in and I broke them down (flattened them), and stored them in my storage building.

I will check and get back to you tomorrow. Then you can provide me an address and I will send it out. But, it will be a used box. I do not have any brand new boxes. Should work just fine though. It will be clean.

As a side note. I have received four birds in the past, that were sent to me with two- two bird boxes taped together. Making them as one but still two boxes. Worked fine. If you have a couple of two bird boxes around. Only required one postage and one address label.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to check tomorrow, but I am sure I have one that you could have. I have a bunch of boxes that I received birds in and I broke them down (flattened them), and stored them in my storage building.

I will check and get back to you tomorrow. Then you can provide me an address and I will send it out. But, it will be a used box. I do not have any brand new boxes. Should work just fine though. It will be clean.

As a side note. I have received four birds in the past, that were sent to me with two- two bird boxes taped together. Making them as one but still two boxes. Worked fine. If you have a couple of two bird boxes around. Only required one postage and one address label.
Much appreciated. I don't have any boxes around at all. I have no problem with used boxes, as long as the post office or UPS will take them. Let me know what you have. I also have no problem with taping a pair of two-bird boxes together.

This is to help out a young guy who recently got into the sport, and lost one of his two pigeons.

Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I sent him the birds they were up on all shots I dont understand what happened. Guess he will have a loft full I'll be sending more as soon as it cools down some.
Dave

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I checked and I have several two bird boxes available right now. I believe there is a four bird box at my pigeon club, but I won't be going there until Friday (it is a one and a half hour drive for me, one way). If you need boxes sent tomorrow, I can send two-two bird boxes. I have a set already taped together and upright. Or I can send two flattened ones and you can tape them together. It works just like a four bird box.

Couple of questions. Would the two birds (per box) be alright together, without being separated from each other (young birds would be fine mingling together, and may be better for the birds to have "company", but two adult cock birds mingling together would not be a good idea)? I could put dividers in the boxes if necessary. Also, what kind of birds does the new flyer have? Racing homers?

Let me know if you want to wait until I can send a four bird box on Monday, or if you want two-two bird boxes sent right away, and if you want them shipped flat or put up and taped together.

Send me a PM with the address you want them shipped to.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked and I have several two bird boxes available right now. I believe there is a four bird box at my pigeon club, but I won't be going there until Friday (it is a one and a half hour drive for me, one way). If you need boxes sent tomorrow, I can send two-two bird boxes. I have a set already taped together and upright. Or I can send two flattened ones and you can tape them together. It works just like a four bird box.

Couple of questions. Would the two birds (per box) be alright together, without being separated from each other (young birds would be fine mingling together, and may be better for the birds to have "company", but two adult cock birds mingling together would not be a good idea)? I could put dividers in the boxes if necessary. Also, what kind of birds does the new flyer have? Racing homers?

Let me know if you want to wait until I can send a four bird box on Monday, or if you want two-two bird boxes sent right away, and if you want them shipped flat or put up and taped together.

Send me a PM with the address you want them shipped to.
No hurry getting the boxes out, as I won't be shipping the birds for a few more weeks due to the heat. One pair of the birds are young nestmates. The other pair is older nestmates, but also two hens. Shouldn't be a problem shipping them in two two-bird boxes. I'll PM you the address.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts