Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We lost our sweet girl Turbit pigeon yesterday and her mate is very confused, scared and lonely. They are about 7 years old.
They are handfed Turbits and very tame. Does anyone have a female turbit pigeon in Tampa area needing a new home?
Does it have to be the same breed?
It would be helpful if the pigeon is tame-
THANKS for any help!
:(

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I'm so sorry you lost your sweet hen.

No, it does not have to be the same breed, but one of similar size and personality.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Doesn't have to be the same breed at all. I don't know my way around Florida, but I searched for poor little pidgies living in shelters in FL.
http://www.petfinder.com/search/sea...igeon&pet.Age=&pet.Size=&pet.Sex=&location=FL

If not, Elizabeth, one of our members here, usually has a LOT of King pigeons in need of homes. Kings are bigger than Turbits, but I have had Kings and birds of similar Turbit size, mate and become quite bonded :) Elizabeth is across the country, but you guys could work out shipping, if you can't find any more local mates for him.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
your turbit is cute, good luck on finding a friend....

now the bath pan, I see so many folks give these little bath pans, heck the tail sticks right out:p....for anyone interested they sell cat litter pans at the dollar store or dollar tree, they work great, and you can fill them about full with water...and the whole pigeon can fit in it.;)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Hi, birdiegirlie - welcome to Pigeon-Talk! Your turbit is so cute!! Sorry he lost his mate, they really do enjoy being a pair. If you can find a rescue hen of a similar size and temperament, that would be great. Any of the owl breeds or frills would be fine, although pigeons don't discriminate. If it's a hen and she likes him, he'll love her. :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hi!
Still looking for a female, handfed Turbit that we will pay to ship to Tampa, Florida. Does anyone know of any please feel free to email me: [email protected]
THANKS SO MUCH!
not many are shipping birds right now as it is hot, It does not need to be the same breed, but if your heart is set on the turbit you may have to wait till you find a breeder and the weather cools to ship. also check eggbid.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts