Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Side by side or stacked up, both are the same for the bully, do you have doors for the boxes ? If yes you can put them in their respective boxes, let them out for feeding and again put them in the box. In some 4 days or so they will start defending the boxes. But make sure you have pairs or otherwise there can be fight inside the box

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
No doors, they're just open boxes. So would it make a difference if I put the boxes on opposite ends of the coop? Would I need more boxes than pairs?
That's a better idea if your male birds are agressive but put more than 1 on each side, 2 is a good start.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not certain whether or not this will change your responses, but let me explain my situation. I currently have one pigeon, a cock, that came into my shelter and I adopted. I am in the process of adopting two hens from MickaCoo rescue. I am keeping a slot open in case we pick up another pigeon who isn't claimed at the shelter. In that situation, it could be either a hen or a cock and I likely wouldn't know until I got it home. So, for a while I will probably only have three birds.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I would go with the four, as you plan to get more..so that will do for now I would think.... if you can just put the cock birds in there without the hens at first so they pick their little piece of real estate and get all the fuss over with, then introduce the hens, it may go smoother.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts