Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get another pair so i just wanted to ask should i get the roller pair or tippler? right now i have 2 homer pairs since i returned my roller pair.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Why did you return you rollers? And why would you get more if you returned those?
Keeping two or more different breeds in the same loft will mean that inevitably, the roller/tippler will mate up with a homer and before you know it, you'll have bunch of 1/2 roller/ 1/2 homer or 1/2 roller 1/2 tippler misfits that can't roll OR home........unless you can separate the breeds, IMO, you're better off with just one breed.
Of course, if you don't CARE whether they can roll or home, then I guess it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did you return you rollers? And why would you get more if you returned those?
Keeping two or more different breeds in the same loft will mean that inevitably, the roller/tippler will mate up with a homer and before you know it, you'll have bunch of 1/2 roller/ 1/2 homer or 1/2 roller 1/2 tippler misfits that can't roll OR home........unless you can separate the breeds, IMO, you're better off with just one breed.
Of course, if you don't CARE whether they can roll or home, then I guess it doesn't matter.
i returned my rollers because they weren't a pair so the guy lied to me saying that it was a pair.. i called him and he said that i could return the rollers and he will give me a homer pair so now i have two homer pairs. i meant the tumbler not tippler since i cant find any tipplers around where i live, i want the pakistani high fliers so bad!! what if i get a "pair" of tumblers will that be fine? i dont have to worry about them pairing up since i'll have all the pairs. will the tumblers home after keeping them in my loft for 2 or 3 weeks and how well they fly?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi Jang.

Tipplers or Tumblers - it doesn't matter. If you have more than 1 breed in your loft - whether or not you have what has already been designated as "a pair" - you will eventually have mixbreeds....unless you watch carefully and remove any cross-bred eggs with dummy eggs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jang.

Tipplers or Tumblers - it doesn't matter. If you have more than 1 breed in your loft - whether or not you have what has already been designated as "a pair" - you will eventually have mixbreeds....unless you watch carefully and remove any cross-bred eggs with dummy eggs.
ok thanks, i guess i'll just stay with homers. i have two breeding pairs right now is that okay or should i get one more pair?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I guess that depends on what you want to do with them (and others who know more will be along soon, I'm sure.). If you allow 2 pair to continuously hatch their clutches (not recommended, as they need a break), you will have many babies in a pretty short period of time.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
ok thanks, i guess i'll just stay with homers. i have two breeding pairs right now is that okay or should i get one more pair?
you can not fly the older birds, they are called prisoners, so I would not get anymore prisoners. just young birds called squeakers, as they still squeak when young, and you will beable to trap train and fly these. and the young ones that are hatched at your loft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts