Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
a dozen or so! does not sound like oops babies....why would you not have bands for that many...they are only .45 cents each. http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/catalog/2010bands.html may have to overnight them if you need them soon.
I looked there because I need a few also but....

"PLEASE NOTE: All 2010 Band orders will not be mailed out until December 26, 2009 "

I got that from the website.
And they are out of 2009 AU bands for homers.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I looked there because I need a few also but....

"PLEASE NOTE: All 2010 Band orders will not be mailed out until December 26, 2009 "

I got that from the website.
And they are out of 2009 AU bands for homers.
oh 20010, yeah you do need some. most do not breed this time of year. when would you race these birds?

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Eveyone does not raise pigeons just to race--some of us like just like to get different colors-patterns or maybe keep the bloodline in our loft.. The way we are loosing birds we can't be too careful.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Eveyone does not raise pigeons just to race--some of us like just like to get different colors-patterns or maybe keep the bloodline in our loft.. The way we are loosing birds we can't be too careful.
oh, well then you don't need an AU or IF band then.

I will have some 7mm and 8mm 2009's coming. 8mm too small?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have three pairs sitting on eggs now. If the birds do well then I will need six bands. I was just wanting to have a few extra for just in case scenario.

I got 30 bands for 09 and have used them all up. They are now plastic and two or three broke with ease. I was kinda disappointed in that. I am going to order 100 bands for 2010. That should take care of me for 2010

Thanks for all the replies, again if anybody can part with AU 2009 bands I could sure use a few

Thanks again

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I have some bands that says NPA 7 09 whatever all that means. I finally got two new babies about a week ago and it seems the parents might be feeding them well but not sitting on them too keep them warm. I thought they needed too be kept warm since the temps are cooling way down. If they make it, I thought I would band those two and then stop the hatching.

I will look and see how many extra bands I have if someone needs them.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Oma2003, instead of taking a chance with the babies, "IF they make it" kinda deal. Why not bring them inside and keep them warm so they will make it? min

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Spirit Wings some of us get the bands just in case we wanna race not every thing is about racing plus some of mine have au bands just in case i wanna race
I know, it is just I was thinking better seemless banded with something rather than nothing...I put an npa on an oops baby before, so a just in case scenario......

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Everyone should get bands REGARDLESS of whether they will ever race or not. There are 4 bands to choose from. AU, IF, NPA 8, and IPB B (or whatever letter they may use for size 8). Whichever you can find is fine. As long as it is seamless, you will have a chance if your bird gets lost. Also with seamless bands you can participate in competitions. If anything else, you can at least go to somewhere like Foy's and order the address bands for the birds :) Any band is better than no band.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
For me anyway--I band all my birds---How else can you keep up with brothers & sisters-parents-NO inbreeding? Or you may want to inbreed some.But you need records either way. I try to have the correct year--BUT any band is better than nothing. My records go back to 1976..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts