Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Gopal Biswas, living WestBengal, INDIA. In Some Days I'll visit BanglaDesh my uncles home, and I've seen some beautiful pigeons available there which are not available here(where i live). I've got passport and a tourist visa with me, so my question is " Is there any legal way I can bring some pigeons along with me? Or any other ways"
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)
[sorry for my bad English :( ]

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
You really need to ask the proper government agency.

I got this from a pet relocation website:

http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/india.cfm

Only dogs and cats are considered as pets for purposes of import to India. Invertebrates, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits may be imported to India as air cargo with a DGFT license as long as they are not classified as endangered under CITES. (see step 8 for search) If your pet is covered by CITES regulations, then it is subject to 30 days of quarantine in the originating country and will be subject to 30 days of quarantine in India. Currently, birds are not permitted for import due to Avian Influenza.

Try telephoning here:

Contact details of the main locations of Animal Quarantine and Certification Service Stations, part of the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, are listed below:

Kolkata
At: Narayanpur, P.O R-Gopalpur, North 24-Parganas, West Bengal 7435
Tel: +91 33 2573 9777
Fax: +91 33 2573 9777

1 - 3 of 3 Posts