Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys my roller chick as a infection in its left eye for 2 weeks now he had a white flame around its eyes i cleaned it with warm water he somtimes opens it but i dont know if is blind or not when i put my hand towards the right side he picks and wingslams me but when i put my hands towards the left he cant see wat can i give so he gets better wat medication plz guys help me out :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
well, my first guess is a one eye cold, but we need a pic of it, so really we are just guessing, is it wet? is there pus around the eye, not sure what white flame means. how old is the bird?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its young chick it had somthing white around its eyes e.g when u get a spot or somthing like that and when u burst it white thing comes out and the moment the eye is dry im going to take picture and upload in 10 mins

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have just had look his left eye the eye is smaller and is in the socket compare to his right eye which is out and bigger but he can see i just a bit frm his left eye becuase i tested it by using my hand he wingslams me when i put my hands to forwars his left and right eyes im going to upload picture now

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
IMO this is something best looked at by a vet, you can't see what is happening inside the eye. In the meantime you can try bathing the eye with colloidal silver or tincture of euphrasia and treat with the homeopathic remedy euphrasia 30.

Do you have any antibiotics?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
My avian vet uses Gentamicin Sulfate eyedrops for eye infections....3mg/ml suspension. One drop every 6 hrs. for aggressive treatment, one every 12 for maintenance treatment.

With that said, I do agree w/ above...an avian vet visit is the best course of action, really.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
A drop of Sovereign brand colloidal silver works wonderful on infections. One drop per day in each eye. I do however recommend you seek out an avian vet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys i went the pet shop it was closed i dont want take it to the vets because they r too expensive. guys can u explain why this has happened and wat will happen next (the process)?

i think he is on his road to recovery because he is responding from his left side when i put my hand near his eye becuase last week he didnt respond but today i have looked at him and the left looks samaller than than other right eye and looks flat in the socket compare to his right eye which is out and oval i will take better picture and i will upload each side of eye.

wat is the best stuff eye treatment

Gentamicin Sulfate eyedrops for eye infections

Sovereign brand colloidal silver

and what is this

tincture of euphrasia and treat with the homeopathic remedy euphrasia 30. what is this

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
well, perhaps somone can put things in a simple way so you can help this pigeon, im not the best on where to start. but from the pic JMO with the head not having feathers on it, this may be more than just an eye problem, canker can cause this, so I would treat for canker, if you can look down his throat and tell us what you see, any white deposit or cheesy type spots? I would get meds for canker ene if you don't see them, as that is the best guess I can think of without a vet havining an opinion and testing. the drops of soverign collodial silver is going to help the eye as well, get it at the heath food store. the canker meds you can get online pigeon supply or a member may have some to send to you, just come back and see how many more options and opinions others will help you with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers for the info reason why he hasnt got feathers oh his head because he was with the adults and they thougt him him lesson are 2 lol his eye is swallon i havent treated him yet but im going tomorro to the pet shop and get collodial silver

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You can use Chamomile tea to wash eye.
Coloidal silver is very good (from the health shop) couple of drops in both eyes.
Terracortril oinment is also good if you can get it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i went to the pet shop didnt have collodial silver or Chamomile tea he give me instead tablets called one - eyed cold. suipplies are called old hand suppliers and is said to use cotton bud and dip into some milk and rub on the chick outer eye this should help healing wat do u think.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
i went to the pet shop didnt have collodial silver or Chamomile tea he give me instead tablets called one - eyed cold. suipplies are called old hand suppliers and is said to use cotton bud and dip into some milk and rub on the chick outer eye this should help healing wat do u think.
The collodial silver is found at a HEALTH FOOD STORE, you can find the tea there too. you can use what you have but it is a bit old fashiond.
ARE YOU TREATING HIM FOR CANKER? YOU SHOULD START NOW, LIKE TODAY. let us know how he gets along.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
what does this medcine i have got do the shop keeper told me that it is old and hard to get
I just do not understand this..sorry. If you are sayin this is old medicine, as in years and years old, then throw it away...I do not know what it is, the collodial silver will work.

ARE YOU TREATING HIM FOR CANKER?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what is canker? i have bought aviform ultimate - the total pigion health solution

" 7 products in 1" 13 essential high strength vitamins.

also has

dmg for improved stamina, performance and recovery and has plus pigionguard - help prevent internal parasites and protozoa, including worms, cocci and canker it also is powerful antioxidants boost birds natural defences against viral and bacterial infections (paramyxo, yb sickness and also has increased untillsdation of nutrients.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts