Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are from Minneapolis MN and this week we were surprised to see a pigeon at our feeder. We don't know anything about pigeons so we figured that after we fed him and gave him water he would fly home. He did leave that evening but has returned everyday since then. My husband finally contained him after I started emailing Terry. We have a hawk in the neighborhood and we know how dangerous that is to birds. Yesterday we were finally able to get him to walk into a live trap with sunflower hearts as the bait.We read his band and found out from the NPA that it was purchased from Foys and then we found out from Foys who bought it. I contacted that person and his wife told me that he swaps and sells lots of pigeons so maybe he gave it to someone in Minnesota. I told her I just wanted to know if they were missing the bird and I told her I would try to find a home. Now I need someone in our area that would be able to take care of this bird. He or she is beautiful--an archangel Terry said. The bird is 5 years old according to the band. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you know who it could belong to in our area. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Terry,
Just wanted to let you know Arty is coming to get the bird in the morning. Thank you so much for your help. I feel so bad that we couldn't find his owner but he will be very happy with Arty--and to be out of his little cage I am sure. What a week--a crash course into the pigeon world! I am going to miss him.
Cheryl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts