Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I feed pigeons everyday at my terrace. More than 100 come everyday. I have noticed one pigeon who finds it very difficult to eat.

He is not able to open his beak fully and struggles a lot even to eat a single grain, he rotates the head and tries to eat. Sometimes even after that the grain falls down

He is able to walk and fly properly and seems to be healthy. He flies away when I go near. Not able to do anything due to that.

Can anyone let me know what can be the problem and how can I help him

·
Registered
9 Posts
First of all thank you for feeding the birds.
Now for that bird I might be wrong bit it sounds like he has pmv he is probably in early stages but since he doesn't let you handle him and you don't have pigeons but that birds need a vaccination but good luck and I hope somebody replies.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hi Arun,
To help a feral bird you need to catch it first. Use box string trap to catch the bird. He's a dangerous source of infection to other pigeons too. So try to catch it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. But more than 100 birds come to my terrace . It will be difficult to catch him among so many. He doesnt have any external infection. I guess he has some internal problems due to which he is unable to open his beak fully

Hi Arun,
To help a feral bird you need to catch it first. Use box string trap to catch the bird. He's a dangerous source of infection to other pigeons too. So try to catch it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. He was struggling today as well., but he was able to pick up a few grains. I am trying to put lot of grains in a single place so that it will be easier for him to pick. He seemed to be healthy today also

First of all thank you for feeding the birds.
Now for that bird I might be wrong bit it sounds like he has pmv he is probably in early stages but since he doesn't let you handle him and you don't have pigeons but that birds need a vaccination but good luck and I hope somebody replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts