Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, somehow I have been given the position of race secretary. The club got a new system last year but nobody locally knows how to use it. I cannot get it to find the ring when registering or coupling birds and new bands. Where can I get support for the Benzing M! club system?

·
Registered
238 Posts
As Lovelace said, your problem is probably due to people trying to register or read the old style "BR" chips from Benzing. If the club system is running 4.0 software on it (you can see it when it starts up or in the System menus) then it will not even recognize the old BR chips, it will act like it's ignoring the chip even when you're running it back and forth across the unit.

Here's the link that explains the difference in the chips and how to tell the old and the new style. https://www.siegelpigeons.com/timers.html

It's a big pain and something we had to deal with this year with people trying to re-register old birds that had flown for years with the same chip ring on them but unfortunately were the old "BR" chips. We had to re-chip a bunch of birds this year for most of our flyers but now the confusion has settled down.

If the flyer is using an M1 clock that has not been updated to 4.0 or later the old style chips may still be working at home when he trains, but when he gets to the club and tries to have them electronically basketed for the race on the club system there will be problems. Better that all M1 clocks get onto the latest update and then fix all the outdated chips, if you do that the problems will go away but doing that is a drag. I went through the same pain this year, fixing lots of chips for 25 flyers in the club and a couple hundred birds with old rings. If you need any help or advice I would be happy to help if you PM me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unikon Problems

I have a Unokon clock and the Club antenna to, I wish some one would tell me a sight to go to and give some information we have spent over $2000.00 and can not get bands loaded and another guy wanting to get a new system If some one could help it would be very appreciated.Called unicon and they are as lost as I an they say call Sonny well I did not buy from Sonny.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have a Unokon clock and the Club antenna to, I wish some one would tell me a sight to go to and give some information we have spent over $2000.00 and can not get bands loaded and another guy wanting to get a new system If some one could help it would be very appreciated.Called unicon and they are as lost as I an they say call Sonny well I did not buy from Sonny.
Try downloading the manual from this page. Might help with your questions.
http://unikon-usa.com/us/files/unikon_manual_010307.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.