Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.
I have two wonderful rescued (slightly disabled) feral pigeons whom need a home. They have been with me living indoors for over a year as weather and neighbors have driven them indoors and into hiding to recover from injury. As tensions have grown in my neighborhood threats of harm to these birds have grown, as have threats toward those that care for them. I too would really like it if they could be outdoors again to walk and run in the grass and to fly in the open air. These birds have been wonderful guests, and need so much more than I can offer them. These birds are free to anyone that would give them a loving safe home. They are friends and have been together for a few years now and I'd like for them to stay together. One cannot fly and the other can fly(and might again be ready for the open air), however he has returned more than once after being released as he couldn't fend for himself in the world.
If you're interested / able to give them a home / want to hear more I would love to share with you more about these wonderful birds.:)
Thank you.
~ 4zp.

* There are stories (updates) on my profile page of these two birds should you wish to know a bit more about them. * If you've seen the names PlaCida (sometimes PlaCido) and IndiGO these are the birds of whom I speak ~ Photo I is PlaCida and II is IndiGO.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
just to let you know the one that can fly, prolly should NOT be let out to fly in the new home..he would fly back to your house, most likely.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If my plans work out I'll be near Prairie Du Chien, WI. on Thurs. if you'd like us to take them maybe we could meet there.

What are their disabilities? They would be living in a loft that has an attached flight, you can see photos at our site.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings.
OMG you've given us so much hope. PlaCida is cooing behind me as I type. ;)
I did visit your site and your home looks beautiful. Thank you for considering PlaCida and IndiGO.
PlaCida was a rescue a couple years ago. A friend stopped traffic on a freeway exit and caught him and brought him to me. He looked young; dark eyes and beak... He had a broken leg and wing damage. He can now fly and has been released, however he came back to my garden as (literally) a frozen bird when the weather turned. Fortunately, I was able to nurse him back and he has been indoors with me since his return. As far as his ability to fly = only as high as my ceiling. < which I feel so badly for...
IndiGO, came to my backdoor in a rainstorm and basically wanted to be taken in, but first needed to run the yard. She's never wanted to leave and wouldn't fly and I then later learned that she can't fly as something is wrong with one of her wings. I'm not certain what. I just know that she can't get up and going as the one wing won't provide her with what is needed = Currently she runs around the room and then back to her 'home' on the ground (actually about 3" off the ground).
She and PlaCida share a living space. He has been known to join her in her space, but he also has his own space that is higher up (6' or so in the air). They eat, bathe etc together. I have seen them beak to beak... No matter they know one another.
I suppose the short answer is they'd be fine in a loft. IndiGO needs to be able to run and PlaCida to fly and me... Well, I just need them to be happy and safe.
They have been together for about two years // just the two of them for nearly a year.
I looked up Prairie du Chein and I'm sure I could find it ~ should that work for you... Again thank you for considering.
Thank you. I look forward to hearing more... and please if there's anything more you need to know please ask.
~ 4zp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts