Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I´m a portuguese pigeon racer. I am racing for 3 years and i still haven´t got any kind of wins. I have invested some money in a new loft this year and in good "food", but still have the need to give them something to make them have a "boost" on racing days. I have heard that there is a "magic pill" sold in South Africa the makes the diference needed to make a great winner out of my pigeons and me also. Can someone give some help on at least getting the name of it? Best regards , VIMAMSI

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
The "magic pill" is good loft husbandtry, good breeding, and keeping your birds healthy and in shape.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Listen-up vimamsi---The "magic pill" only makes the sellers bank account "win".
I think you are listening to the wrong people.
Good birds--good food- good system- you are doing the best you can.
and don't be changing things ever week--stay with your system for a few weeks or season.
How far behind the winner are your birds?
You on the long end or short end?
On the line of flight?-or-off the line of flight?
It may be your system of training your birds.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Post me more info about "magic pill" and I'll find the truth for you. I’m in South Africa so it will be first hand info.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know what the magic pill is all about listen carefully, is about selecting breeding, selecting the right food, giving the right amount of food, the right training, treating for illness right away, orientation, the right road training, transporting, a well equipped loft, fresh water at all times, carbohydrates and fats, the right amount of protein, mineral salts, vitamins and vitamins supplements, pigeon pellets, feed mixes for different seasons, bathing and preening frequently, built stamina and quick trapping, a whole lot of patience, spending a whole lot of time with the birds and most important of all a lot of love!!! and im sure there is more i just can't think of it right now:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've heard of some sort of steriods used on poultry for stamina from my father. I don't know if it's used on racing pigeons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts