Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im so upset.some people here might remember me trespassing into my neighbours garden to rescue the crow that he caught and wouldn't feed or give it water.well guess what??!!!!
HE CAUGHT ANOTHER ONE AND TWO PIGEONS!!!!
this time i told my parents (im 16) but they did nothing.do you think if i called the police anonymously would they care?i can't seem to find any phone numbers for animal cruelty around my area on google...
i feel sooo sorry for the poor birds :'( he said last time that the crow was attacking a farmers sheep but WHAT DID THE PIGEONS DO???!!!!
i hate him so much >:eek:
please help before the poor birds starve to death :'(

·
Registered
269 Posts
What have you got to lose by calling the cops ? .. nothing so give them a call and ask if there is something that can be done to get them released. Don't take things under your own hands

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I think your best bet would be animal control. Google and see what you have in your area. As a last resort you might want to call the police, but I doubt they would do anything, unless you get someone who loves animals.
That is very sad. Why is your neighbor doing this?

Reti

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi

I think your best bet would be animal control. Google and see what you have in your area. As a last resort you might want to call the police, but I doubt they would do anything, unless you get someone who loves animals.
That is very sad. Why is your neighbor doing this?

Reti
my neighbour is an 83 year old,lonely man.i dont know why he does this :( the first time this happened he came to my house to talk to my parents he told them that he is really lonely.then,he told me after a while that the crow is eating the smaller birds.hes such a liar!!!
if hes lonely then buy a parrot.ok,ok,no money...umm...dont you bring the cage in to tame the birds?give them food and water?he has them all in separate traps with no food or water at all.also my mam threatened me that im in SERIOUS trouble if i report him.my both parents actually believed him that time.grr....
poor birds.i cant get to sleep :'(

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
i would go online and find the number to the local animal control, it's a shame he's doing this to these birds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FOUND IT!!!
i emailed the place but im gonna give em a call too.im just scared that he comes to my house again :/ last time i snook into his garden so he'll know it was me who reported him.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
If he can't prove it was you who called animal control he can't do anything to you. You're doing the right thing.

Reti

·
Registered
284 Posts
How does he catch this birds at 83 yrs old does he have some kind of trap. He is right about crows eating smaller birds like young birds learning how to fly or in the nest, I have seen it and witnessed it many times very hard to watch, they will even work as a team to get what they want very smart birds. What’s his plans for the birds does he plan in taking them somewhere and letting them go after a day or so? Have you talk to him letting him know that it upsets you to see the wild birds caged. What do you think about getting him a pet pigeon maybe he would leave the wild birds alone if he had a pet to take care of.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
That is just awful.. another approach may be to befriend him, and you can tell him you will relocate the birds for him... he does not have to know they may come back..just tell him you will take them far away and leave it at that..then have tea with him and help him out.. he then may not worry so much over these birds in his garden.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Maria .........Feefo is somewhat in your neck of the woods ........if you don't have any luck shoot her a private message and see what happens , she could very well have some contacts or maybe offer some advice .

Wishing you luck :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you all :D
i saw the spca lady come to my neighbours and then i saw the crow flying out.i found out later that the pigeons were gone.basically,its all good :)
thanks again for ALL the help and advice not only on this thread.
i cant stop saying what a godsend pigeon talk is. <3

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That is good news ..........I hope the pigeons got off and back on their way and no harm done to them .

You've done well and without being grounded this time ......lol - Well I hope anyway :D

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Wow, you're amazing! Well done,that was so courageous and truly, deeply good of you. I wish all young adults were like you:)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well done for being brave and acting to put a 'wrong' right. So many people turn a blind eye when they witness bad things happening to another being.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts