Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice.
Both pair now have new squeakers in the nest.

I'm not sure what I want to do at this point.

If I have just one nest bowl in the nest box will that delay the pair from laying again until the squeakers are out of the nest?

I do want to breed at least one more round before putting in the wooden eggs. Should I go ahead and put an empty nest bowl along side the full one now?

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
604 Posts
Do you have more available nest boxes? If so they will probably pick another box and lay again. I have 6 boxes with bowls for three pair.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 breeding pair right now. I have 6 nest boxes. My 2 breeding pair have squeakers in the nest bowls of the 2 top nest boxes. I have room for 2 bowls in each box with plenty of room for the parents to move about. I currently only have the occupied nest bowls in each box. Should i add another bowl to entice them to lay again as soon as possible? SO, your saying the breeding pairs will take over a 2nd nest box to lay again, leaving the squeakers to grow in the original box?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yes. I would put bowls in all nest boxes, they will pick a box bowl or not.You wont have to entice them they will breed again soon, my roller babies are 9 days old and the parents were already mating today.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes. I would put bowls in all nest boxes, they will pick a box bowl or not.You wont have to entice them they will breed again soon, my roller babies are 9 days old and the parents were already mating today.
Those rollers are sure quick on the breed. My other pigeons laid eggs before on the last round and they are just starting to mate whiel the rollers are already sitting on eggs. The fastest I have is 30 days from laying the first eggs and raised the fledglings and then lay the first egg of the next batch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts