Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody take pics of there nest boxes for examples i can use..or if u have any ideas on how can i make sum...thank u:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
i will be bluiding some new nest boxes this weekend after the race their not my birds but i will be clocking them for a friend . Then once i get home i
will finishing my new nestboxes and post the pics here on PT

·
Registered
75 Posts
My nest boxes

These are the ones that I built, can't wait to get a loft to put them in. I've started leveling some blocks and hopefully I'll be working on the floor over the weekend. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Those are great. Wish I had them, but didn't have enough room for that kind of boxes. If I had the room, that's what I would have. But you can also build something much more simple like this.

Or these that I threw together and added later on. Not great, but they work okay for me.

AND WE'LL HAVE NO COMMENTS ON THE CURTAINS!:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
201 Posts
not to hard just very time consuming for drilling all the holes for the dowels.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
No. They're 15" across and 16" deep. But I don't breed either, except an occasional oops baby.The second boxes are 16" across. 1X1 foot
barely gives the birds room to turn around in.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If you can get hold of empty crates used for vegetables and fruits, only a little modification is required to turn them to nest boxes. I had made one to accomodate new arrivals and for isolating sick pigeons, let me try to take some snaps of the same and post it.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Ok cool so my boxes should be about 16 inches wide by 16 inches deep?
depends, if your not breeding then that would serve them well. if you are letting them hatch young, I would go with 24 wide as the young will still be in the box and being fed by the cock bird while the hen is on two more sets of eggs in the nest bowl, so you need room for a nest bowl two adult parent birds and two young birds, so you see how it can get cramped quick.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
depends, if your not breeding then that would serve them well. if you are letting them hatch young, I would go with 24 wide as the young will still be in the box and being fed by the cock bird while the hen is on two more sets of eggs in the nest bowl, so you need room for a nest bowl two adult parent birds and two young birds, so you see how it can get cramped quick.
Yes, I have had an occasional oops, and it's been okay, but would be much better in a 24" long box. I didn't have enough wall space for boxes that long because of all the large windows. If I did, I would definitely go with 24" whether I let them breed or not. Crowded isn't good.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Well they're perfect for a pair.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I like the 15 or 16 inch size. They have enough room to move around. 1 ft X 1ft is kinda tight. I have one bird in some boxes and I think it's a good size.

·
Registered
301 Posts
No I have a sepret breeding loft these boxes will be in my racing loft.
Pip, the question is how are you gong to fly? widowhood? then you need proper breeding boxes. natural? then you just need "perches"...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts