Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking out loud, but what do you guys/girls think about pigeons who are studious and build nice, big, and comfortable [looking] nests? Is that a reflection of the bird(s)' hard-working persona? How about birds that birds that build little or no nest at all? Are those birds less hard-working and/or lazy? Maybe I'm just thinking too much about something as miniscule as that? I think as pigeon fanciers, every single aspect of our hobby has to be studied and analyzed so we can gain some insight to how our feathered friends go about their business. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
with my birds, it seems the better parent birds make nice nests.. do not know if that is true for everyone, but it seems to be here.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think some of it may have to do with the age also, it seems as the birds get older they defend the nest better too.

Good question I like it.

Walter

·
Registered
499 Posts
nest construction

:eek:
Just thinking out loud, but what do you guys/girls think about pigeons who are studious and build nice, big, and comfortable [looking] nests? Is that a reflection of the bird(s)' hard-working persona? How about birds that birds that build little or no nest at all? Are those birds less hard-working and/or lazy? Maybe I'm just thinking too much about something as miniscule as that? I think as pigeon fanciers, every single aspect of our hobby has to be studied and analyzed so we can gain some insight to how our feathered friends go about their business. Just my two cents.
we,ll here is my 2 cents.//.i wish any of my paired up birds would build such a nest,,/,it does depend on the material-that is on hand,,and skill,,vigilance..but it is said pigeons are not good nest builders,,so it is good to know some out there are exceptional builders,..sincerely james waller:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
:eek:
we,ll here is my 2 cents.//.i wish any of my paired up birds would build such a nest,,/,it does depend on the material-that is on hand,,and skill,,vigilance..but it is said pigeons are not good nest builders,,so it is good to know some out there are exceptional builders,..sincerely james waller:rolleyes:
Yes, I too think a lot depends on what nesting material is available and also on the age of the pigeons.

Provided all pairs have access to the same nest materials the one which still stands out with a better nest is as what spirit wings suggested, better parents :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.