Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone wants some 12 - 14 inch pine needles for nesting material for a fee plus what ever shipping is. i will fill a plastic grocery bag full for you. i got a few more bags today myself. I have seen some people saying they wished they had the long ones, well i will get them for you, package and ship to you fresh dropped florida pine needles..if interested let me know....fee is for driving to get them and to post office to ship, you pay actual shipping which shouldn't be much because they don't weigh more then a pound. if you want more then a pound tell me.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost to ship them? Flat rate boxes would be great but they are pretty small.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Foy's sells tobaco stems for $13.95 They come in a box 15x14x8 and you wouldn't belive how many pine needles you could pack into a box that size. You could use a bigger box and the price would be about the same with shiping.
EDave

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
if anyone wants some 12 - 14 inch pine needles for nesting material for a fee plus what ever shipping is. i will fill a plastic grocery bag full for you. i got a few more bags today myself. I have seen some people saying they wished they had the long ones, well i will get them for you, package and ship to you fresh dropped florida pine needles..if interested let me know....fee is for driving to get them and to post office to ship, you pay actual shipping which shouldn't be much because they don't weigh more then a pound. if you want more then a pound tell me.
I would love some. Can you ship me three pounds?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use 12 x 12 x 8 priority mail boxes and do it by weight, if around 1 to 2 lbs, it may cost around $5.95 even to CA. A flate rate boxes medium size is 11 x 9 x 6 and cost $10.95 a large box is 12 x 11 x 8 and cost $14.95.. For a bigger box i can get 14 x 14 x 14 and 16 x 16 x 16 from wal-mart..

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Foy's sells tobaco stems for $13.95 They come in a box 15x14x8 and you wouldn't belive how many pine needles you could pack into a box that size. You could use a bigger box and the price would be about the same with shiping.
EDave
i checked their shipping to me on these and they want $16+ for shipping UPS

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok update on my needle prices

12 x 12 x 8 = $5 + shipping
14 x 14 x 14 = $9 + shipping
16 x 16 x 14 = $13 + shipping

i weighed a 12 x 12 x 8 and shipping to OHIO was $7.15 for 1.14 lbs
shipped a 16x16x15 to MA parcel post 5LBS was $12 & change

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Actually, it was $11.45 to Ma. And they just came in today. Thanks a lot! They love them.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My birds love these too. So, I do too. Anyone who is thinking about these or are currently using a 4-5 inch needle should get these. Use them as they come. With their natural curl the birds make very nice nests. I will use these as long as Donna is willing to make them available.

Thanks.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
I tried giving them the 4 inch needles that we find around here, and they looked at me like
"Yeah, so what do we do with those?" Wouldn't touch them. Mine normally like straw, so I added the straw to the mix to see which they would choose. Some took either one, but lots of them would pick up a piece of straw, look around at the pine needles, and put down the straw and grab the pine needles. Soo cute to watch. Anyone wondering what to use for nesting should definitely try the long needles. Thanks Donna!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts