Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are use for deworming the pigeon? And Where could I find some? Do I need to do it on a regular base and is it okay to give them the deworming at the same time as the vacs?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
What are use for deworming the pigeon? And Where could I find some? Do I need to do it on a regular base and is it okay to give them the deworming at the same time as the vacs?
some people deworm twice a year, you should rotate what you use to cover all worms and also so the parasites don't become immune to it, I take a fecal test in and deworm only if need to and use a product that kills that parasite, so far I have not had to deworm, but I did use ivomec once. I would not deworm and vax at the same time. there are dewormers to pick from at pigeon supply online, just google that and you have a few to pic from, I like
www.vitakingproducts.com young need to be older before you deworm unless there is a problem.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hello there spiritwings, how old should a pigeon be dewormed? and how do u "fecal test"?
a fecal test is when you take a sample of poop to the vet and they look for worms in the poop, if they have any they can identify what type and use what is recommended for that worm. for broad spectrum deworming, they can be dewormed twice a year just for the heck of it, I would wait till the young are 4 or 5 months old. and rotate dewormers. read the directions on what ever one you decide to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts