Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my new Aviary. It works like a settling pen also. The birds have to go outside through the bobs inside the loft. Then the aviary is 2 sections and they have to move to the second section to go back in the loft. Here they have to use the stall traps. There is a divider board betweent eh 2 sections cause the first time out there I block them so they were stuck in the second section and knew where the stall trap was. There is also a slided 2x4 with a piece of plywood on it to block the aviary totall if I want to (like for catching birds). It needs paint yet. Also the front of the second aviary section if the landing board. This really helped alot and since it is on the side we sit on for race day maybe I won't miss clocking any birds this year. Also I think the stall trap will help with that.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Looks good. Can I ask a dumb question? It appears that you've got LOTS of open space there.........any particular reason the lofts are so close together?

Oh, I was posting while you were adding more pictures.........man, I'd love to have all that open space around............your birds look good too!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good. Can I ask a dumb question? It appears that you've got LOTS of open space there.........any particular reason the lofts are so close together?

Oh, I was posting while you were adding more pictures.........man, I'd love to have all that open space around............your birds look good too!
Well, the lofts are close together just for convenience I guess. All the doors open between them so I can take water and feed and everything easily to them. Plus not cut so much grass with the weed wacker cause I can't get the mower between the lofts. My flight pens are both on the back side so they don't have anouther loft in front of them. Here is a pic. About it being wide open, yes it is, the woods in the pic is the only one within 1 mile and we own 52 acres there so don't have to worry about anyone getting too close.

Lady, I am glad you like my pics so much. :D

Alamo, I would love someone to buy some land and fly here. I am all alone and slighly off line plus at the extreme long end here. My birds have to come all alone and would love for some company.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
OHIOGSP,looking good baby !! If you sell me some of that land,I`ll move to Ohio and fly pigeons...I hate living in TOWN....No room for my lofts in my back yard...UGH !!! Alamo
Sign me up for that too!! I am turning green with envy just looking at those awesome lofts and all that land and. . .better yet. . .no neighbors!! :D Looking very good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.