Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT'S HERE mY cHINESE OWL FINALLY HATCHED HER BABY IT IS SO SMALL WHEN i FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST CORRECTLY i WILL SEND PICTURES JUST BEWARE THE ?'S ARE REALLY GOING TO START NOW. AND NOW THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT QUESTIONS WHAT DO i DO FOR MOTHER BIRD AS FAR AS WHAT TYPES OF FOOD DO i GIV THEN AND SHOULD IT ALL BE KEPT SEPERATE FROM THE OTHER BIRDS AND IS THERE A SUPLEMENT i SHOULD GIVE THEM IN THERE FOOD. sORRY FOR ALL THE ?'S i JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE HEALTHY.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
What a beautiful picture and if everything is going normal just like the parent birds take care of everything and at this stage just hang back and don't disturb them.. Feed as you do pigeon mix and you could at this time give them some more calcuim in their water as a syrup added to a non metalic container or as a powder added to their grit. These things can be bought at Foys Pigeon Supply and if you call this number they will send you a free catalogue 1-877-355-7727 and I like the calc-mineral that is added to the grit ..Just leave things be and don't disturb for that second egg will hatch and they are really too young to disturb at this point even for pictures...as much as we all love pictures..They will be on pigeon milk for the next 7-10 days and this substance is crucial for the babies.. It is not milk but a substance that the parent bird makes within their system and both will be feeding the babies..Do not disturb because you don't want to take a chance on the parents abandoning their babies or hurting anything--just leave nature take its course and keep us posted about your "GrandChildren" as often as you wish and the main thing is : Do not disturb at this time---no picture taking...There will be other people I think coming on this thread to congratulate the birth of your precious babies and they will offer suggestions as well...Congratulations pigeon keeper..c.hert

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
congrats, I know your excited, the dark egg was the ticket!, now to your questions, yes, you should do all of them. but you should do and think of these things BEFORE the fact... you had 18 days or so to get all this, the babies will benifit from the parent birds being healthy and having extra vitamins before they even mate and make a nest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts