Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a beautiful white homer/racer today. Big bird, not flying for whatever reason.

Band number

FCC 2008 09766

Never saw those letters before.

Reti

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is FCC for sure and not other letters and numbers other than what I posted.
If he is from Cuba, guess I have another one up for a good home.
Oh boy, so many birds...

Reti

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Gosh, I hope the bird is just run down and needs to build up his strength. Does he show any other symptoms beside not flying, what does his poop look like?

I can't imagine why these owners make it so hard to locate them-if this is a private band,and near impossible to trace??:confused: Perhaps they don't want to be found???

If the bird could only talk.....but then you would need a translator if he is from Cuba. Sorry...couldn't resist.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Gosh, I hope the bird is just run down and needs to build up his strength. Does he show any other symptoms beside not flying, what does his poop look like?

I can't imagine why these owners make it so hard to locate them-if this is a private band,and near impossible to trace??:confused: Perhaps they don't want to be found???

If the bird could only talk.....but then you would need a translator if he is from Cuba. Sorry...couldn't resist.
LOL Treesa. :p I'm sorry you've gotten in yet another one, Reti. . .I hope he does well and perks up and I really hope you are able to find his owner. :eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I can help you with the translation, I speak spanish, so we just need to wait and see if he finally says something :)

I really hope you find the owner or someone that is able to adopt him...

Ivette

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everybody. Thanks Terry. Maybe he can teach me spanish, I do need to learn it down here.
Makes it two non-flying birds now. The AU bird is not flying either.
I hope they recover soon a I am REALLY out of room. Had to go buy a cage for this guy.

I also received a very handsome Pouter, gorgeous bird and very tame.
If I have some time tonight I will post some pics.

Reti

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I hope he's doing better. :eek: Please save the pouters to send to me, I've always always wanted some. :D I do love them, but of course any of your birds would be at home, non-fliers, non-tame, blind, bald, whatever; all are loved. ;) Do you have any good thrift shops around you? We have some that are just as expensive as a regular store, but I do have one that I can find things to make cages with when needed usually. Even like the playpen I found for $10, or sometimes they have kennels or even cages. I'm sure you know that but maybe you hadn't thought about the playpen idea, best in-the-house cage I've used so far. I just put some mesh across the top and a board and put another cage over that. Even old, simple desks that are just a rectangle, you can put wire on the front and back and make a box cage that would house a few, and then stack more on top of it. Just things I've done lol that were cheap and utilized space.

Good news on operation loft building: I posted on Craiglist a few days ago asking if anyone had wood they wanted to donate to me and today I got a response from a couple who has parrots and they said they put a bunch of "gently used" wood out front for me to pick up, that would be appropriate for loft building. So I am borrowing my dad's truck in the next few days to get it and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be useful. Got three boxes of nails last night as well as a little drill just in case I decide to use screws. Now I just have to go wrestle the table saw out of the garage and start planning life with three fingers and a thumb. :cool: Good luck with the new ones.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are so resourceful, MJ.
Of course I save you the Pouters. I found they are awsome birds and tame.
I have no thrift stores here that I know of, but I know of some in Broward. Never thought I could find pigeon stuff there.

The new white bird is flying and very well too.

Reti

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.