Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My pigeon I found ended up having PMV and died D: I was so upset and heartbroken my mom bought me a Satinette, a handsome little boy.

He's warming up nicely, likes to sit on our hands and shoulders but, how do I train him to come to me with out me having to pick him up? :) As well as other useful and interesting training advice, I'm very very new to birds.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Hello everyone! My pigeon I found ended up having PMV and died D: I was so upset and heartbroken my mom bought me a Satinette, a handsome little boy.

He's warming up nicely, likes to sit on our hands and shoulders but, how do I train him to come to me with out me having to pick him up? :) As well as other useful and interesting training advice, I'm very very new to birds.
Ohhhh, I'm so sorry your little rescue didn't make it :(
That's a handsome little one :) Is it a Satinette or German Owl? I'm not familiar with the difference in those two breeds or their personalities.
Just make sure you have the proper diet.....pigeon or dove mix, and housing (cage) for him. He'll also need grit with calcium. That's not a breed that you can let outside to free fly.
It will take him some time to settle in and get to know you. Some good treats are peanut hearts and safflower seed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts