Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these two gorgeous girls from Strombergs. Right now, they're both in quarantine. Just wanted to share because they're so pretty!! :)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Oh wow !!!! .....what gorgeous little birds they are :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congrats! keep loving them and have fun!
-Rubeena

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The eye rings have actually gotten a lot smaller. I think they may have been enlarged due to the stress of shipping. And thanks everyone :) they're wonderful.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
love them!!! the light color always appealed to me.. Im glad they made it safe they are so small, some think pigeons should not be shipped and they are three times as big... so pretty! keep us posted on their antics. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there anyone near southern Alabama who would be interested in offspring if they do eventually come? I'm going to replacing most of their clutches with dummy eggs, but want to let them raise young occasionally.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I don't think if you advertised and interveiwed for a good home there would be no problem finding a good one. It sure would be fun to see what they would turn out to look like..and how cute..baby diamond doves!

·
Registered
294 Posts
If your Diamond Doves breed, make sure you don't sell the babies are "pairs" because they will be related (i.e. brother and sister) and should not be bred together. You want to avoid inbreeding. Encourage people to find alternate mates for your babies from other breeders - it's healthier for the species.

I say this because I frequently see Diamond Doves "pairs" for sale and I wonder how often they are really just brother and sister?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts