Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys for the last two months I've been building a new loft.
I'm getting pigeons again after 25 years without, my question to you guys in the know is Do you know of anybody that might have the old Karel Herman blood, I would like to locate some of these. I had them years ago and had great luck with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way here is a picture of the loft I am building

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12964&stc=1&d=1245813243

Attachments

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Very nice loft indeed. Glad to hear you are back in after a 25 year leave, just like me. I have had mine now for 6 weeks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still have a ways to go before its finished but its close enough to start looking
for birds.For the life of me I can't figure out why it took me so long to start up again.
All those years wasted without my pigeons.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
OK guys for the last two months I've been building a new loft.
I'm getting pigeons again after 25 years without, my question to you guys in the know is Do you know of anybody that might have the old Karel Herman blood, I would like to locate some of these. I had them years ago and had great luck with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way here is a picture of the loft I am building

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12964&stc=1&d=1245813243
Who is...or was Karel Herman ? I know of an old "Hermans" line, but that was a "Jan Hermans".

I think guys who get back in after a few decades on the sidelines, at least at first, try to find the strain they loved so long ago. The problem or challenge is, the more generations that go by without the guiding hand of the Master, the further they get away from the Master's birds. To the point where the original Master would turn over in his grave if he knew what kind of birds were bearing his name.

The other problem, is the genetic technology which worked 10 years ago, is already obsolete, let alone decades ago. If one simply dances in place, the competition will soon pass you. So, I am simply suggesting that perhaps instead of going around trying to find what someone may call "Hermans" if the price is right, that you look for a performance line that you like, and is actually winning races today.

Besides, in a few generations, with you as the selector, they will become what you select for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts