Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this PM from a new member who took in an injured bird. They need help finding a rescue/rehbber in Boston, Mass. if anyone knows of a rescue that can help or other helpful info please share. Thank you

Skyeking said:
jfurey said:
Hi,
I weas reading posts and I noticed you help alot, I'm new to this site, I found a pigeon last night and couldn't fly (with no lack of trying) so I took him/her(i named it Larry, not sure if it's a male/female) in and put a bunch of blankets on a cage I had for my squirrel, and put Larry in it. I cleaned all the blood off the inside of the wing and put antibacterial/pain reliver cream on it. I put water and seed in the cage for it to eat, and he was eating this morning,=-), I also noticed this morning the wing has come up a little bit from where it was last night, I'm not sure if it's broken? I hoping I don't have to take Larry away from it's home, I don't mind helping him and releasing it but if theres nothing I can do than I will take Larry somewhere, I guess what I'm asking is your thoughts! Please let me know what I should do,
Thank you so much,
Jackie and Larry
Thank you for rescuing Larry. It is possible that Larry may get full use of his wing depending on if it is not broken and just sprained. Can you post a picture of the injured wing and how it is positioned compared to the other wing?

You should post your thoughts to the forum as we have alot of rehabilitators there as well as rescue groups that might be able to help, should Larry not get full use of his wing.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi ,
I will posts pics asap...ive tryd to post but it wont let me im not sure what im doing wrong..=-) i do believe his wing is broken it's lower than the other and he now has it spread out a little bit??? I've rescued squirels n dogs but no birds so im a lil nervous..i live near boston, ma if u know anyone close???[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Our member Jodi is not far form Boston.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts