Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I live in a block of flats and there's is also flats across from me now a Romanian couple moved in couple months ago so one day I was out feeding the pigeons and they flew away and gave her a fright when she was in her kitchen now every time I go out she has something to say but through her window and never in English which does my head in and I do stare her down when she stares at me. funny thing is she won't come out and say anything to my face but would rather do it in her own language and behind a glass panel. At the end of the day me and the pigeons ain't doing no harm to anyone so why do people act like this I think it's jealousy 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃槀 that she can't get near them. When it comes time for me to cut the grass around my flats and hers she can expect her bit not to be cut 馃槀 just wanted a little rant

Registered
Ha ha! Why don't you just pop over and introduce yourself. She might be totally different to what you expect. Educate her a bit regarding the pigeons you are feeding and do cut the grass around her flat. She is probably telling her husband that you glare at her every morning. Keep us updated and good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've smiled and said hi before at her to just get something said in her language to me and the eyes drew off me I have tried when they first moved in but she just must be one of they moody people who don't like seeing others do fun stuff. She was the one to start the stare contest lol I've caught her chapping the windows at the birds not just the pigeons to scare them off I've stayed here for 6 years and she's only been here a couple months. The grass situation a ain't doing it if I am going to get abuse shouted at me for feeding nature

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It certainly is difficult I go out thinking just keep calm and don't react to her looking at you or saying stuff but as soon as she does my mouth moves before my brain thinks lol ahh well you can't always win with neighbours.
It's annoying tho because she can see they aren't doing anything wrong they do not pop everywhere as we have flat roofs on our flats so the pigeons stay up there most of the day cooing only for a small amount of time and some courting each other which I find amazing to watch the dance's they do tails all fanned out 馃グ

Also I have reduced the numbers there was 30 odd down to about 7 occasionally 15 will show up but because summer is coming in I'm trying to get them to know food with only be constantly available here at winter time and occasionally days throughout the summer but because I feed the small birds also some pigeons haven't quite got the hint lol but I am not complaining 馃槀馃槀

Registered
Maybe if you take her a nice dish of food, her attitude will change. Remember, she is in a foreign country and probably a bit insecure. Acting rude and aggressive might be a defense meganism. Once you break down the wall, things might chance.

Registered
I try to very nice and understanding with my neighbours (even with the ones I dislike) and offer them some chocolate or little presents for the kids... We never talk about the pigeons, even if they probably all know I am the "guilty one"... I am very careful but...the tree in the courtyard has been removed for the facelift (by the way this makes me incredibly sad), the pigeons now perch on the building, and of course the droppings are now visible. A potential problem. Pigeons and neighbours is a thorny subject!
good luck to everybody here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts