Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby is building one of our members some nest boxes. Once done, we'll just take them and hang em' on the wall. Pretty neat looking. He's making the doors so that they swivel on dowel rods........I'm taking pictures as we go along.
It's 4 X 8 with 9 boxes.

This one is just the basic frame and shelves.

And these two are with the dividers in place. Guess we'll be working on the doors tomorrow.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I was hoping you would post pics of them....tell him he can just bring em here to ol' Lanexa VA....:):D....they look great...Id like to see it with the doors too:D

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Nice, clean design - you just know the birds are going to enjoy the new digs! Looking forward to more photos!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Just came from the garage and are mostly finished with the nest boxes now.

These are the perch/doors.

Perch/door installed inside the frame

All 9 doors installed

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doors can be put in position for mating the birds up. Hen inside, cock outside.

Wood pieces installed for keeping the perch/door locked.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
your husband does VERY nice work!!!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Im jealous of who ever is going to get these..:p..hubby works fast....I guess with this weather we are having not much else to do..:D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
how much does something like that go for?
I couldnt build you a sandcastle if it was going to save my life lol
i would ride there and pick it up :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice boxes! YOur husband does excellent work and so quickly! YOu must have a great husband. What's the secret for getting a man to do this? I think I'm destined to assembling and installing my own new perches!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts