Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hii,
I have got new pair which layed one egg on the when i brought them ....
But didnt lay other. And now they are not sitting on it.May i conclude that they have abandon that egg. They also Started Mating again. Now they are setteled in my loft may I Get that egg out... plz Suggest

·
Registered
463 Posts
If she layed the egg right when you brought her home and they did not have a nest they usually will not take care of it. Now that they are settled and have a nest you should be good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty White Homer, yes she layed the egg on the same day when i brought them.Its about 4 days now she hasnt laid 2nd.(dont think so she will) I think i made mistake when i shifted that egg in the bowl from the floor. what should i do to make them lay next eggs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do pigeons abondon their eggs if we touch them. its about sixth day ,here temp is about 40 C whats the temprature needed for metabolic process near egg

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
She may have laid the first egg just before you bought them. This may be the second egg. They aren't going to abandon an egg because you touch it, but by moving it, they will often abandon it. If it is in a different place then they don't recognize it as theirs.
Because they have been taken to a new place which they aren't used to, and they don't feel safe or settled, then they would probably abandon it anyway. I would get rid of it and let them settle in, and they will eventually start another nest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could have given the egg to another pair who has laid egg within 3-4 days difference, or a egg-bound pair if available. But I think its late now. Remove the egg and provide them nesting materials and calcium suppliment. It was probably the 2nd egg, otherwise she would lay the best Male Extra results 2nd egg, yet abandoned it. Take care...
Shame about the egg. They'll lay another one and care for it now that they've settled in I'm sure.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You could have given the egg to another pair who has laid egg within 3-4 days difference, or a egg-bound pair if available. But I think its late now. Remove the egg and provide them nesting materials and calcium suppliment. It was probably the 2nd egg, otherwise she would lay the 2nd egg, yet abandoned it. Take care...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts