Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this guy about a week ago and brought him home. I have him in a pretty decent sized outside cage with a little bird hammock he sleeps in at night with perches and stuff. I take him out the cage and hold him to bring him inside my screened in porch to stretch and flap around (he can’t fly very well I think his wings were clipped) and I have him out of the cage like this for like 2-3 hours in the afternoon and sometimes I take him out a little bit later in the evening around 5/6 and let him have space for another hour or so and bring him back to the cage outside. But I’m having a problem cause he keeps trying to claw me with his sharp little claws when I hold him. Also the first time I brought him out onto the porch he went on my shoulder and was just chilling there for a long while but he only goes on other people’s shoulders now? How do I get him to come on my shoulder again should I just put him there myself? But yeah I’m also trying to get him to stop wanting to nip at hands by feeding him with a tiny sauce dish in my hand but he eats out of it then nips my fingers haha. I’ve never had a bird so I just have been very like unsure if I’m doing a good job being a bird mom. Will he start liking me over time? I really wanna pet him but he really wants to nip at hands and doesn’t like them. Do I just have to be super patient with it? I’m trying to. Also he hasn’t fluffed up like that last pic after that one time. Any tips and advice is appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
They like to be scratched around the head and under the eyes. He might peck your fingers when you start scratching, but just keeps on doing that and he might start enjoying it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts