Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Terry, thanks for the pictures. I have been missing them! :D Loved the "scenic" one especially where the waterfowl are running for food and pigeons flying in overhead. That was pretty cute too where the waterfowl is running to the people on the bench.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Loved your pictures Terry. I'm amazed at the variety of ducks and geese that are at the pond.

That baby Peeps is definitely a looker. Watch out, George will want that one for his recessive red program. :D What a beautiful color.

Margaret

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terry, thanks for the pictures. I have been missing them! :D Loved the "scenic" one especially where the waterfowl are running for food and pigeons flying in overhead. That was pretty cute too where the waterfowl is running to the people on the bench.
I'm glad you enjoyed the new pics, Maggie. I just haven't had the time or the heart to post pics like I used to. Maybe I'll get back to the picture taking after the holidays.

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That baby Peeps is definitely a looker. Watch out, George will want that one for his recessive red program. :D What a beautiful color.

Margaret
:eek: I hadn't thought of that, Margaret! YIKES! Of course if George wanted this little one, I would surely let him have the youngster once it's self feeding.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. We always have lots and lots of beautiful migratory birds at the duck pond at this time of year.

Terry

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
What a great variety of birds you have at the pond. They are all beautiful and they look so healthy.
I loved the turtles too.
Hope your rescues will all recover.

Great pics, Thanks.

Reti

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
What a wonderful variety of creatures you have at the duck pond.

Pierre looks like quite the character and Baby Peeps is definitely a gorgeous red head.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
pretty place there at the pond....who does those webish looking feet go to...Ive never seen feet like that before....:)

never mind it's the coots feet..I just enlarged it and read....that is very cool.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Your so lucky to live next to such a beautiful place with such a big variety of birds!
The geese are wonderful, I love geese- not quite as much as I love pigeons... Of course! I have some wonderful photos of wildfowl I must post them sometime!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Love the green eye shadow on the American Wigeon! They have such interesting feathers.

Nice to see all the birds enjoying the sun! (Mmmm, sun, warm....I vaguely remember that!)

What an elegant bill/beak on that injured American Coot. Interesting close-up of his foot.

Pierre has really intricate markings on his wings - could make for some cute babies.

Baby Peeps has beautiful deep color. Should be gorgeous as an adult!

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the green eye shadow on the American Wigeon! They have such interesting feathers.

Nice to see all the birds enjoying the sun! (Mmmm, sun, warm....I vaguely remember that!)

What an elegant bill/beak on that injured American Coot. Interesting close-up of his foot.

Pierre has really intricate markings on his wings - could make for some cute babies.

Baby Peeps has beautiful deep color. Should be gorgeous as an adult!
Thanks, Terri! Your "eagle eye" seems to have caught the details as usual! Thanks for looking!

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Baby Peeps Is A BIG Little Bird Now ..

Baby Peeps started eating on his/her own two days ago .. what a smart little pij this one is! Also drinking well on his/her own .. I just ADORE this little bird! It's a beauty and the "weaning" went so easy .. the baby just figured it all out on its own.

Terry

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
How sweet they are when they start figuring things out.
Good for you, one less to hand feed.

Reti

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Baby Peeps started eating on his/her own two days ago .. what a smart little pij this one is! Also drinking well on his/her own .. I just ADORE this little bird! It's a beauty and the "weaning" went so easy .. the baby just figured it all out on its own.

Terry
How wonderful to have such an easy " rehab baby." Can't wait to see a big bird pic of him/her. Are you going to keep him/her?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts