Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently got a new pigeon and when i put them in the cage together the new 6 month old runs and pokes my older pigeon on his back and he just flattens himself...what should i do?? is this normal??

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
The new bird--Put Liquid soap on its wings so it can't get off the floor.
Then older bird can get on a perch????--away from the younger bird?
Let the new bird KNOW he does not "own" the loft.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the older bird gets on the perch but he keeps coming down where the younger one starts running up on him and poking his neck..
how do i let him know he doesn't own the loft.??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but i don't understand what the soap is going to do how does the soap make him know that the cage isn't his??? can you explain?

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Mr. Spooky---You tell us how to do it. ---PLEASE
Try it then you will KNOW.
I'm Sure you know the answer--BUT will not share it with the forum.
Sorry I don't have a Source--I only kept pigeons 40 or so years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Listen, i want to know why "soaping" my bird is going to help me. You just tell me to soap him and you expect me to do it without knowing the consequences???? Ill just wait for a more serious answer, sir.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
YEP--you can tell a 20 year---just can't tell them anything.
Let them learn like I did.
The "consequences"--it will work.
MORE detail???Soap it REAL GOOD

SO--someone --give him a SERIOUS answer--and me also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I came here for an answer and all i got was "soap his wings". I asked why and you wont explain. Why do you act like this? Why do you have to make yourself look bad and act like a jerk, when all i was doing was asking why that would help? Why couldn't you just elaborate more to what you said? I'm sorry but for a man of your age i would of expect you to be more patient/willing to help.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Mr.Spooky--you asked--I told you how.
I hope someone else can give you a better ansewer and explain why they do it their way.
Maybe after you "TRY" it--you can post on this site your results.
THAT that old 75 y/o was WRONG AGAIN.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not saying you are wrong, i would just like more detail. Is that so hard to do? I guess it is for you. Have a good day sir!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks sky tx , got one I am going to soap tomorrow , he thinks he owns the whole farm .

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
He asked you to soap the new bird,bcoz,once you soap the new bird,its wings will become really wet and so it wont be able to fly up-to the perch,where the old bird is sitting.......and the new bird will be forced to stay at the bottom of cage,as it cannot fly for a while due to the soaping !!! I hope,you are clear now.......:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It makes sense but the once the soap is gone will the problem same problem persist? Will the bird still attack him when he comes down from he perch? I just don't get how soapy wings will make the bird not attack. He doesn't fly up to the perch to attack him, he only attacks when he is walking on the floor.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
MR. Spooky--Just forget my post--DELETE IT.
FOR DETAILS-get a bottle of Liquid soap--you try it--makes lots of notes--how much you used on how many flights--had to soap more flights?--Keep good records and post them with your results.
Its several 100 members on this site needs a true and correct answer--as no other member has given you an answer.
O K FOLKs--Help him ---post an answer along with your Source and Details.
I did not do very GOOD with my answer--Because my AGE & I Q are the same number.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Usually the birds decide,who is the alpha bird(dominant bird) ........by doing the wing slap against each other.so during the fight,the new one with soapy wings will have a disadvantage over the old dry bird,ultimately when the fight happens during this period........the old bird will win the fight due to advantage of dry strong wings :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MR. Spooky--Just forget my post--DELETE IT.
FOR DETAILS-get a bottle of Liquid soap--you try it--makes lots of notes--how much you used on how many flights--had to soap more flights?--Keep good records and post them with your results.
Its several 100 members on this site needs a true and correct answer--as no other member has given you an answer.
O K FOLKs--Help him ---post an answer along with your Source and Details.
I did not do very GOOD with my answer--Because my AGE & I Q are the same number.
Listen old man, no one is amused by you and your half ass reply's, sorry.

Usually the birds decide,who is the alpha bird(dominant bird) ........by doing the wing slap against each other.so during the fight,the new one with soapy wings will have a disadvantage over the old dry bird,ultimately when the fight happens during this period........the old bird will win the fight due to advantage of dry strong wings :)
But the thing is that the younger bird doesnt attack with its wings. He pokes him with his beak. How can i stop this?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Then let the nature decide.......just leave it to them,they will sort it among themselves in 2 days time,u should not not intervene unless they is some nasty injuries :)

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Help me Folks
Mr Spooky has not been on this site but 2-3 months.
AND does not know how to take sky-tx answers.
Someone explain to him I am a "PAIN" in the butt and has been for the Last 7-8 years.
Even banned from this site 2-3-4-times for giving true and correct answers--Just not like the Monitors "demand" they be typed.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts