Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we have a new resident here at Loft Lahore that has seemed to take a liking to my orange tree. A new pair of hummingbirds that decided to make a nest and start a family. Couldn't get a picture of the parents, the flash scares them off.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
That looks cute, and we are having a great weather here, at least during the weekend was very sunny!! I hope you got the babies soon and you can show us the pics.

Ivette

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not a very good picture but there are 2 little baby humming birds in there. they are so small.

Attachments

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
http://phoebeallens.com/

Here is the live cam link to Phoebe, an Allen's Hummingbird, who lives in CA.

She has built a couple of nests, laid eggs and raised babies. Unfortunately, her last two, Storm and Sassy, did not make it.

However, Phoebe didn't give up and has now laid another egg!

Love and Hugs
Shi

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you look closely that block spot in the middle of the nest is one of their heads

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
if you look closely that block spot in the middle of the nest is one of their heads
I must be blind! I can't see anything in the nest.:eek:

The eggs in the first picture are big and easy to see. The babies must be bigger than the eggs right? It looks like an empty nest.:confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill try and get some better pictures after it stops raining.

G

·
I agree are you sure they are in there ? :eek: considering the size the eggs were you should see something in there and that nest is empty :(

·
Registered
441 Posts
http://phoebeallens.com/

Here is the live cam link to Phoebe, an Allen's Hummingbird, who lives in CA.

She has built a couple of nests, laid eggs and raised babies. Unfortunately, her last two, Storm and Sassy, did not make it.

However, Phoebe didn't give up and has now laid another egg!

Love and Hugs
Shi
Hey Shi....LOVE THE VIDEOS OF PHOEBE! I love hummingbirds but have never had one build a nest in any of our trees or bushes. I would love to see baby hummers!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to check the nest on sunday and the parents were gone with a crow sitting on the branch. scared him off and check the nest and they were gone. I think he ate them :(.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
So sorry, that broke my heart, was looking forward to see their progress. Sorry Deluhathol.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I am SO sorry, Deluhathol!!

Perhaps going to Phoebe's website will help!

She has TWO eggs now and they should hatch...in time...

So far so good. She built her nest(s) in a rose bush that is protected by an overhang from rain. The thorns would discourage a predator. She, too, lives in CA.

I think you will enjoy her site!

Love and Hugs
Shi :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts