Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have fancy pigeons (German owls and fantails) five years ago and I had to get rid of them due to moving houses. I`m now getting in highflyer pigeons and I`m willing to learn how to fly these birds for long hours and how to keep, feed and train them. I`ve seen videos on YouTube of people in New York and India/Pakistan flying birds in large groups using flags and whistles, Can anyone guide me as to how I do this i.e. what's the purpose of all the flag waving and whistling and how do I train the birds to command to this? for the highflyers can I fly the breeding pairs or do I just keep them locked up for breeding? do I have to separate the males and the females or keep them in a section only of perches (so they don't breed and lay eggs) and if i do separate the males and females do i have to fly them separately? how much and how often should I feed the highflyers and how often should I let them out? how do I train them so they fly in a group and for long hours? note that I do not intend to compete in tournaments and contests and I`m doing this as a hobby and leisure activity. One last thing which, highflyer breed would be suitable for a person like me who is new to highflyer pigeons? I`m planning on getting either damascenes, Egyptian swifts or Serbian highflyers.

So any useful advice and information would be highly appreciated, Thank You 😊😃

1 - 2 of 2 Posts