Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, My name is RandyGS. Although I raised pigeons long long ago I am new to Rollers. Just getting started with Birmingham Rollers so I'm sure you will see me asking dumb questions from time to time. I found this forum while searching info on eye color, and if its possible to pass on an eye color. I have four pigeons, siblings I'm guessing, All have more or less same markings, all have one dark eye (bull eye?)and one goldish eye.They are not full rollers. I have been able to make one. its maybe two weeks old and still has dark eye. Not sure when or if the color changes. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't know much about genetics yet but I know that sometimes some pigeons have one bull eye and one gold/orange etc. eye. I've heard this is more common in breeds like Birmingham roller. But since you said it is 2 weeks old it might change? Their adult eye color isn't usually developed until maybe 6-8 weeks of age.

Here is a website I found with information on pigeon eyes and it does talk about BR's often having the "one bull eye one orange eye" mutation. This is the excerpt from that page.

Rollers more often than not are "splash/piebald" colored and have white markings with red/brown/blue etc. Bull eyes are dominant with white birds. Since the markings are asymmetrical it might "mask" over one of the eyes so then one eye is bull and one is colored. But sometimes even if the whole head is white there still may be only one bull eye and one orange eye, or one or both of the eyes are "split" (with both orange and black in them). Pigeon genetics are pretty complex I think. Sorry if I'm not making sense.

Here is the link to the entire page. Hope it helps.

http://mumtazticloft.com/PigeonGenetics7.asp

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi all, My name is RandyGS. Although I raised pigeons long long ago I am new to Rollers. Just getting started with Birmingham Rollers so I'm sure you will see me asking dumb questions from time to time. I found this forum while searching info on eye color, and if its possible to pass on an eye color. I have four pigeons, siblings I'm guessing, All have more or less same markings, all have one dark eye (bull eye?)and one goldish eye.They are not full rollers. I have been able to make one. its maybe two weeks old and still has dark eye. Not sure when or if the color changes. What do you guys think?
Hi RandyGS,

Welcome to the Forum :)

There are no 'dumb questions' only the the 1s that aren't asked ;)

Feel free to ask and hopefully Forum members can give answers.

I am not Knowledgable on Pigeon genetics, but there are some Forum members who are. Hopefully they can answer your Qs.

Birmingham Rollers are great birds; I have some local variants.

Wishing you Good Luck :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
found pigeon injured on wings, can see wounds please help to treat

Hi,

I am Divya new here and i found pegion white one sitting in my balcony and was injured on both wings can see wounds there. Please help me to cure him

Regards:
Divya

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Divya, can you post a photo? If there are wounds the bird likely needs antibiotics. Is he eating and drinking? Thank you for helping him.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Hi,

I am Divya new here and i found pegion white one sitting in my balcony and was injured on both wings can see wounds there. Please help me to cure him

Regards:
Divya
You need to start your own thread on this. I'll PM you on how to do that. It gets too confusing when you come into another persons thread, and really not fair to the original poster to change the topic. Thanks. Please don't add the pictures to this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts