Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody my name is Cole, I'm new to the hobby. I've been doing my research and prepared a loft that is from what I've read large enough for quite a few birds. But all I am looking for is a few homers, between 4 and 8, to get me started in the hobby. I don't need show birds or champion racers, all of that can come later. I would just like to start off easy with a few breeding pairs to be kept as pets until I am more well versed and experienced in the hobby before I drop serious cash on some exotic pedigree birds that i know nothing about. I live beyond the south suburbs of Chicago, about 15 minutes from northwest Indiana and I have had trouble locating just about anything near me. This appears to be the place to go when it comes to pigeon people who know what they're talking about. Any info, advice, direction, pointers, tips, or whatever you want to call it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Welcome Cole, to the site and to the Hobby. Your going to love pigeons. You will learn a lot from this site so ask any questions you want. People here are amazing and have tons of info. I hope someone can help you out with getting some birds. min

·
Registered
10 Posts
:)Hello.cole
Check out the Pigeon union website lots of good stuff and there you can find some clubs near you that will be very happy to help you out.
Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for the help and info, I'm still looking for somebody close to home but everything you all are doing for me is very helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you ever get any pigeons? If not, I have 5 that you can have if you're willing to drive to south of St Louis. I have a white dove release business but these guys are black and white - beautiful, but not white! They come from racer stock so should be good for you. I also have another one that I rescued, a female. She is the everyday pigeon color. Not sure what that is, sorry!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Google the American Racing Pigeon Union They should be able to find some one close to you. If you plan on flying your birds they even have a help a beginner program.
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts