Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First I would like to apologize if my English is not that good.

I am new here in Pigeon talk forum and I thank google that i landed here on my search about pigeons (after some reading I find out that this forum consist of cool people with a good heart and ideas) which really got my interest in doing this hobby specifically racing pigeons.

I am from the Philippines and pigeon racing here in our place is a well-known sports. It took my interest in doing such hobby since me, my wife and my kids love birds and one time my son saw a racing pigeon roaming in our place and he is very happy and I plan to pursue this interest of mine to make this our family bonding ;) (w/c i think might be a good idea)

I already read some of the post(s) here and it is really interesting and helpful. Some of you might not know but here in our place some of the fanciers are really not sharing good ideas to beginners like me who love to start and learn this hobby in a good way. Some even sell their defective young ones for a very expensive price and even tell lie(s) to some newbies(heard from a friend and warned me about that)

I look forward to read some more very good topic(s) here, experience and some tips from some of you very kind fanciers who really love their birds, make friends with you guys to share some ideas (if you dont mind making one from Phil lol :) as these will help me learn more about pigeons regarding their behavior, ability and some other stuffs to discover in this related sport. And hope to fly some good birds with the foundation knowledge I will be learning from here :)

Sorry for that long post and thank you for reading. God Bless All!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hello there!
Pigeon Talk is the right place for talks relating pigeons. I'm glad you found this site...

Yes you're true. There are people who are dishonest in this hobby or sport w/e you wanna call it. They'll give wrong facts and ill birds to beginners so to earn and win big. That's why its always advisable to buy pigeons from a reputable source/person who keeps records. You can share and ask here on PT if you have doubts about anything.
Thanks for showing interest in pigeons. Enjoy your stay on PT:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome and hope you enjoy there's alot of nice folks to help and alot of information here

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome to PT. The folks here are very helpful, but like everything everywhere, here they disagree with each either at times. Take advice with a grain of salt and listen to the older members and site Administrators. They will not let you down. I look forward to your posts!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
hello and welcome, we are all great pigeon people here and always welcome new people with open wings :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts