Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody my name is Cole, I'm new to the hobby. I've been doing my research and prepared a loft that is from what I've read large enough for quite a few birds. But all I am looking for is a few homers, between 4 and 8, to get me started in the hobby. I don't need show birds or champion racers, all of that can come later. I would just like to start off easy with a few breeding pairs to be kept as pets until I am more well versed and experienced in the hobby before I drop serious cash on some exotic pedigree birds that i know nothing about. I live beyond the south suburbs of Chicago, about 15 minutes from northwest Indiana and I have had trouble locating just about anything near me. This appears to be the place to go when it comes to pigeon people who know what they're talking about. Any info, advice, direction, pointers, tips, or whatever you want to call it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Hello everybody my name is Cole, I'm new to the hobby. I've been doing my research and prepared a loft that is from what I've read large enough for quite a few birds. But all I am looking for is a few homers, between 4 and 8, to get me started in the hobby. I don't need show birds or champion racers, all of that can come later. I would just like to start off easy with a few breeding pairs to be kept as pets until I am more well versed and experienced in the hobby before I drop serious cash on some exotic pedigree birds that i know nothing about. I live beyond the south suburbs of Chicago, about 15 minutes from northwest Indiana and I have had trouble locating just about anything near me. This appears to be the place to go when it comes to pigeon people who know what they're talking about. Any info, advice, direction, pointers, tips, or whatever you want to call it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I don't race or show my birds. Their my pets for my enjoyment.
But I just wanted to welcome you and let you know that you came to the right place. The resources here are plentiful and I'm sure you'll find what you need. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
check out racing pigeon union website lots of good stuff and you can find a club near you and the clubs are the best way to get into pigeon racing the members will give you pigeons to get you racing it makes us happy to see new members to the sport lots of luck to you

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Cole, derek!! is giving some birds away. He is in Mi. however, but maybe you could drive there,if you are still looking. Kurps

·
Registered
25 Posts
looking for homers

I have some yb and two year olds it looking,priced reasonable.
Gene

1 - 6 of 6 Posts