Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well..

Well I live in the Western NY area. I raise a few different types of breeds. I have some Show Racers, Homers, Rollers , Mookies, Swifts and Owls.. No shows or competition performers here. Just love the hobby and it has become very addictive to me. Total of about 50 birds and just have fun with it. I have rabbits, quail , pheasant and ducks as well. My internet connection is old school so things run a little slow here.. Ok really slow. Well thaks for the welcome and hope to meet some people with the same passion as me. Thanks.....

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
What kind of quail, pheasants, and ducks do you have? :)
I used to have a few pheasants but they didn't do very well in the small aviary I had. They were a little more wild than I would have liked as well, so one ran out of the cage past me and I just figured I'd give up on them for now until I get a better set up for them. The only quail I've ever had are coturnix. I used to have quite a few but ended up with mostly males. Right now I have a pair in my breeder loft on clean-up duty :p The male is either Pharaoh or Brown, I can't remember at the moment and the hen is Texas A&M. As for ducks, I've had Rouens and Khaki Campbells, but right now I have Muscovies (favorite) and a pair of Snowy Calls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts