Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved an email from a fellow fancier, in which he shared the below update. Apparently the USPS was giving out too many refunds. I always thought the guarantee sort of worked to insure that proper attention was given to our birds. Now, if it is a day or two late, well heck....it's still within the 3 days ! :(

Postal Bulletin 22267 (9-10-09)

"Effective Sept. 8, 2009, the Postal Service revised Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual 114.3.1, 414.3.0 and 604.9.2.4 Express mail shipments containing live animals are now exempt from next-day or second-day delivery guarantee. The delivery refund guarantee of live animals is extended to within 3 days from the delivery date."

"Under this revision, postage refunds will not be available for Express Mail shipments of live animals delivered or attempted to be delivered within 3 days of mailing."

·
Registered
246 Posts
First of all thanks to Warren for sharing this with us. But I believe, if they are giving out too many refunds, doesn't that mean that they must not be doing their job? Isn't it the USPS's responsibility to deliver that LIVE BIRD in a timely manner? I mean come on, some of us who ship our birds should have a sense of confidence in our mailing system. This just tells me that they are incompetent and now they don't want to acknowledge or be responsible for their incompetent. Thats a bunch of bull. Just my two sentences...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Relax; the same government that will not guarantee shipment of your live birds wants to guarantee your heath care. I feel good in this knowledge……….. Don’t you?

I went political, sorry… Just do what I always do, pray each and every time I ship. It may not help but it does make me feel better.

God Bless,
Tony

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
The vast majority of birds (pigeons at least) that are shipped are shipped without incident. No one posts and/or writes about all the GOOD shipments. Just the BAD ones. I can only remember one bad shipment in the past 9 years and that would have been ok if the fancier doing the shipping wasn't an ignoramus. The shipment took 3 days instead of 2 and he had pulled a baby from the nest a bit to soon to ship it. Poor thing almost didn't make it. He was in pretty bad shape when I got them, but he survived. The other birds were fine.
Karijo is right. The don't HAVE to let us ship birds. The day that shipping stops, the pigeon fancy will be in deep "you know what"......
If the fanciers use the brain that God gave them, most shipments are just fine.
If it takes an extra day to get the birds, it's not going to hurt the birds as long as they are HEALTHY to begin with and as long as the weather isn't extreme one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The vast majority of birds (pigeons at least) that are shipped are shipped without incident. No one posts and/or writes about all the GOOD shipments. Just the BAD ones. I can only remember one bad shipment in the past 9 years and that would have been ok if the fancier doing the shipping wasn't an ignoramus. The shipment took 3 days instead of 2 and he had pulled a baby from the nest a bit to soon to ship it. Poor thing almost didn't make it. He was in pretty bad shape when I got them, but he survived. The other birds were fine.
Karijo is right. The don't HAVE to let us ship birds. The day that shipping stops, the pigeon fancy will be in deep "you know what"......
If the fanciers use the brain that God gave them, most shipments are just fine.
If it takes an extra day to get the birds, it's not going to hurt the birds as long as they are HEALTHY to begin with and as long as the weather isn't extreme one way or the other.

You know what, you are so right!!! I follow your rules for shiping and never, (knock on wood), had a problem. The post office always call me when birds are shipped to me and everyone at the post office seems to care about the birds that get shipped. It is the people that look after the birds not a piece of paper.

Thanks,
Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.