Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well heres part 2, I decided to take Willie out tonight to the store, and He loves it! You all wont Believe this one..I know You all are Pigeon Professionals on here, but You will not believe this Guy here, and I have never had a bird or ever thought about a Pigeon before and only had Cats,, until this Guy landed in My yard and adopted Me, I must look like his owner cause He is tame, Im so Thankful for Google, and all of You helpful and loving bird people, Im working on a cage or box setup for Him so I can keep Him inside more...
Thank You all for the help and info
Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iCJI5Tlb8
Ridin'W/Willie
Click on this link above

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I'm happy to see him inside your truck rather than in the back. Keeping him in the back of your truck is heartache waiting to happen.

Can't help but wonder if this is what happens to some of the hand raised Pigeons that are released into the wild to find on their own. This guy is a lucky bird indeed that he found a kind soul.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thank you so much for taking Willie in. He is one lucky bird to have found you.

He has been obviously hand raised, as it is unnatural for a wild pigeon to have no fear of humans and take to you as he has. Please keep him inside with you, he will not stand a chance out in the wild on his own. I also agree with Charis...........please keep him out of the back of the truck.......that is a heartbreaking accident just waiting to happen.

If you can't find a box or cage for him, you can keep him in a dog carrier if you can get one. If nothing else is available you could put him in a laundry basket with a towell over the top. He just needs, seed, water, and your love and protection and he will be fine.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Mike, I'm also so glad to see him inside the truck. If he was in back and the wind got ahold of him he would go into oncoming traffic or hit by someone behind you. You are both lucky to find one another. He is going to be like a dog in a pigeon body. Can't wait to see other video's and hearing more stories. min

1 - 5 of 5 Posts