Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new user here. I breed birds ranging from Conures to Asiatics etc and I always have pigeons/doves around the yard (large grassy block of land, other birds, and often bits of seed around). I live in Australia, and can say that I have never seen this mutation in this species in the wild before.

I have noticed over the last 2 weeks that I have a new regular visitor. Not knowing anything about pigeon mutations etc, it seems to be like a Cinnamon mutation? Its colouring is quite different to the rest of the flock of doves in its flock, but it deffinately appears to be the same species. I wont go into a lengthy description of it as I have attached pics (good quality) for you to take a look for yourself.

I have attached pics so you can see and help a curious person (me) know what it is exactly. Regardless I quite enjoy it being around. Its feet seem pinker than the normal varieties, though it could be just the pale colour making them stand out more...

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Hi Fahra

What you have there is a Ringneck Dove.

I don't know if Eurasian Collared Doves have been introduced to Australia? If so, then it could equally be one of those.

If it's a ringneck, it will have escaped from someone or have been released, and might be better off lured into an enclosed area as it may well have problems outside.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah many thanks :D

Well I will keep up a nice amount of seed for it around (my yard is the drop in center for a massive amount of birds being right next to a massive several acre park).

He doesnt so much as like people, and its coming into summer here, and I always have plenty of water / shade around. If i notice any form of ill health etc in the guy I will bring him inside and house him till a rehome is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts