Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Im looking at purchasing two pigeons to train. The pictures are of a pair of pigeons Im thinking of buying. Can any one tell me what type of pigeons they are?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Utility Kings. The only thing you'll be able to train them, is 'tricks', like coming when called for food, etc. They won't fly from any distance whatsoever, and they aren't for show.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Great birds though - very personable - like having a dog with wings - but indeedy they aren't flyers or homers by any stretch of the imagination ! 100% loft\aviary\house birds.

·
Registered
820 Posts
d79danny,
They look like 'King' pigeons. Pics a bit blurry, but I think so. They are raised primarily for food. They make for sweet, tame pets, but their homing ability is not that good. I have a pair, and the male was away for 4 days, made it back somehow, thank heavens:cool: I think Sky asked an important Q, what you want to 'train' for?...show..race?..Good luck :) YaSin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I what to release and have them return home. I thought they were a little big and was not sure of the type. Thanks for everyones reply I will keep looking.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I what to release and have them return home. I thought they were a little big and was not sure of the type. Thanks for everyones reply I will keep looking.
you need to get homers only, and you can not take adult homers and fly them.. they will not stay... you have to start with young birds 30 to 40 days old and train them to come in your loft with a feed call when they are young.
BEFORE GETTING PIGEONS PLEASE DO ALOT OF RESEARCH AND LEARING!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Don't try to home them! You'll end up with an emty cage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts